none
execute another package

Dotaz

• I have an SSIS package that executes another SSIS package. It works on my local. It doesn't work after deploying it. It used to work after deploying the dtsx and config files. The SSIS job was manually executed to test. How do I check to see if I lost access? VS 2015, SQL Server 2012

• Upravený MTL2014 pátek 18. května 2018 0:19
    čtvrtek 17. května 2018 23:37

Všechny reakce

• Hi MTL2014,

can you post the error message.

thanks

kumar

čtvrtek 17. května 2018 23:54
  • MyPkgCnnMgr is a connection manager in the packageB that's executed in packageA. The MyPkgCnnMgr was included when creating the config file for the dtsx to deploy.

Description: The connection "MyPkgCnnMgr" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Description: Cannot resolve a package path to an object in the package ".Connections[MyPkgCnnMgr].Properties[ConnectionString]". Verify that the package path is valid.

Description: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Connections[MyPkgCnnMgr].Properties[ConnectionString]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found.

• Upravený MTL2014 pátek 18. května 2018 1:12
    pátek 18. května 2018 0:34
  • I see two different errors here.

it is possible second one is because of the first one.

you need to resolve the connection manager issue first. configure correctly the connection manager in both packages.

pátek 18. května 2018 1:50
  • Hi MTL2014,

How do you call another package in your parent package? Do you use Execute Package Task?

From the error message you posted, your parent package does not recognize the MyPkgCnnMgr connection manager, would you please go back to your package design and double check the connection manager is exist and valid?

-->>It works on my local. It doesn't work after deploying it.

Separate the package into 2 independent package and call them from job, see if the 2 packages works fine.

Check what happens.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

pátek 18. května 2018 1:55
    Moderátor
  • It didn't work. PackageA is large to reproduce so I tried this. I added an Execute Package Task to execute PackageD in PackageC. The only thing that didn't work was PackageD. The rest of PackageC worked. Still can't execute another package inside a different package. It worked in previous deployments.

Code: 0xC001000E
       Description: The connection "PackageD.dtsx" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Code: 0x8001F02F
       Description: Cannot resolve a package path to an object in the package ".Connections[PackageD.dtsx].Properties[ConnectionString]". Verify that the package path is valid.

Code: 0x80012017
       Description: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Connections[PackageD.dtsx].Properties[ConnectionString]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found.

pátek 18. května 2018 5:11
  • Hi MTL2014,

I notice you used the configuration file for the package execution, please verify the configuration is correct.

Or just disable it and check what happens.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

pátek 18. května 2018 5:29
    Moderátor