none
Proper way of shutting down VM in cluster

Dotaz

• I have not found an answer for this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here might know.

What is the correct way to shutdown a VM with PowerShell in clustered Hyper-V?

Is it plain and simple "Stop-VM" or should I use like Stop-ClusterResource instead?

I'm running PowerShell on one of the nodes...

pátek 8. června 2018 10:49

Odpovědi

• You should use Stop-VM cmdlet. This will shutdown the virtual machine though the guest OS. 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

pátek 8. června 2018 11:00

Všechny reakce

• Hi Marcus,

In order to shutdown VM, follow below steps:
    Shut down the VMs
    Place the hosts in MAintenance mode
    Shut down the hosts
    Shut down vCenter (if vCenter is a vm you will need to connect to each host seperately and shut it down.)

To bring everything back up

Start the hosts
    Start vCenter

Thanks

Alex Haley
    pátek 8. června 2018 10:57
  • You should use Stop-VM cmdlet. This will shutdown the virtual machine though the guest OS. 

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

pátek 8. června 2018 11:00
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

čtvrtek 14. června 2018 8:52
    Moderátor

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Great! Thanks, just what I needed.
    pondělí 18. června 2018 13:17