none
Group policy

Frage

• Hi All,

Please let me know the policy to be used to give permission to the user to the Windows server 2008 r2 to make changes to the group policy.

Montag, 9. Juli 2018 12:02

Alle Antworten

• I understand that, but I want the users to logon to the windows server. In my case, the 'allow logon locally' doesn't work.

Thanks,

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 12:46
  • How your user are trying to logon RDP and/or local console ?

Best Regards,

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 13:54
  • They want to logon locally to the windows server.
    Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 06:52
  • Can you give us the error you have when they try to logon ?

Best Regards,

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 08:12
  • HI, 

Thanks for your posting.

Please create a new GPO and configure the setting as the following picture and then link to the domain or OU which the windows server 2008R2 belongs to  . Then filter the rest users and the computers that will be not applied to this GPO.  The detailed steps, we may refer to the following picture:

Besides, if the following setting is not defined via group policy and we also may configure it on windows server 2008r2 directly via local security policy to accomplish it. 

More information for your reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc780852(v%3dws.10)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555991

If you have any unclear, please feel free to let me know. 

Best regards

Julie Amlly 

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 09:43
  • While adding the users into that policy, it says "Administrators must be granted the logon local rights" . Options are greyed out when going through Administrative tools - local security policy-user rights management- allow logon locally.

User is an administrator for a workstation. I added user as an administrator through a command -net localgroup administrators domain/user \add .

Please assist

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 06:11
  • Thank you for your reply.

when going through Administrative tools - local security policy-user rights management- allow logon locally.

We would like to confirm that this option allow logon locally is configured via group policy and the group policy is linked  to the users? In addition, you are unable to add the users via local security policy as the picture show right? If it is, you may accomplish it via group policy as my previous reply. 

If you have any unclear, please feel free to let me know. 

Best regards

Julie Amly

help.&amp;lt;br/&amp;gt; If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact &amp;lt;a href=&amp;quot;mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com&amp;quot;&amp;gt; tnmff@microsoft.com&amp;lt;/a&amp;gt;.

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 08:30
  • Hello,

Do you try to modify the local GPO or a domain GPO ?

Best Regards,

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 08:54
  • Do you still see the issue. If so, please provide us some more details like what you are trying to accomplish and error details while you add users to allow local logon permission.

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 10:35
  • Local security option:

The option 'add user or group' and 'remove' is greyed out.

Group policy management:

When adding the user and clicking on apply it says: Administrators must be granted the logon local right.

Montag, 16. Juli 2018 03:37
  • HI,

Thank you for your reply.

The option 'add user or group' and 'remove' is greyed out.  

According to my knowledge, this option is grey out, because this option is configured via group policy management. If you would like to know which GPO is applied and you may run GPresult to know it. 

When adding  the user and clicking on apply it says: Administrators must be granted the logon local right.

We would like to highlight that administrators must be added hence we need to add the administrators to this option. 

Hope above could help you, if you have any unclear, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 16. Juli 2018 10:04