none
SCSM default control templates / commonstyles.xaml RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi,

I have a question that might be answerable by just RTFM but I haven't found a solution until now. After more or less playing around with SCSM we are now in the process of developing a more serious application. For that we would like to match the L&F of the predeployed MPs (e.g. Computer Form).

AFAIK those predeployed MPs make use of custom control templates (e.g. Expander). My uneducated guess is that those templates are defined in assembly Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.CommonResources under the path "commonstyles/commonstyles.xaml". Unfortunately we get an error when trying to merge that ResourceDictionary. So …

<ResourceDictionary Source="/Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.CommonResources, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35;component/commonstyles/commonstyles.xaml" />

fails (we also tried "pack://application:,,,/...") with something like "Error searching for ResourceDictionary … (I'm working with a german VS2010). BUT, something like

<ResourceDictionary Source="/Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.CommonResources, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35;component/commonstyles/commonstyles.generic.xaml" />

works! So the problem seems to occur with commonstyles.xaml only. Any hint how we can get around that problem? Any idea what we're doing wrong? Or is there any other way to use the default styles from within our Application? Maybe by publishing those templates? Sure, we can implement a (more or less) matching style by ourselves but that shouldn't be necessary given that it's already there.

Regards

Montag, 14. Februar 2011 18:43

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

first, this is a German Forum for System Center. The english forum is located here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/systemcenterservicemanager/threads

What I found interesting is the version number. As SCSM 2010 SP1 is version 7.0.6555.0 and you are referring to 7.0.5000.0 on which version of SCSM are you?

I would try to ask you question there, maybe you can get out more information there...

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine | Austria | http://www.base-it.at - ERSTER MICROSOFT GOLD SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PARTNER IN ÖSTERREICH
    Montag, 14. Februar 2011 19:55
  • Hi Peter,

Danke für die Antwort. Ich hab das jetzt noch einmal in das richtige und englischsprachige Forum gestellt. Mal sehen ob's hilft. ;-)

Wie auch immer, mit der Versionsnummer hast Du natürlich prinzipiell recht allerdings sollte auch bei SP1 die AssemblyVersion immer noch 7.0.5000.0 sein. 7.0.6555.0 ist die AssemblyFileVersion und AFAIK ist nur ersteres für "Strong Names" relevant oder bin ich jetzt komplett auf dem falschen Dampfer?

Na ja, auch wenn's eine besseres Forum im TechNet gibt, vielleicht weiss ja trotzdem irgendjemand sonst hier die Antwort auf meine Frage.

Lg

Montag, 14. Februar 2011 21:13