none
Users can't see content search results

Frage

• Hello everybody,

I have a problem! I created some sites with 'content search' web parts on it. I can see all the results from this web part. 

The problem is that other users don't see any results at all! How can i fix tis? has this something to do with the permissions? 

Thanks!

Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 09:34

Alle Antworten

• Hello,

Ye it could be an issue from permissions, the users can only find the document they have access to in the search web part.

If they don't have access to them, they can't see them.

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 09:44
    Beantworter
  • The problem is solved!

Other users couldn't see the results because it was an custom made template that I was using. Had to move the users in a permission group that has access to that template :)

• Als Antwort markiert Alexander_DM Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 15:12
    • Tag als Antwort aufgehoben Alexander_DM Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013 10:10
    Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 15:11
  • I thought the problem was solved, but it isn't!
    Now i made a new SP Group with permissions, but the people in this group can't see results with custom templates!

I get the error that the .js file is not found or has syntax errors! But users in other SP groups can see this template!
    I really don't know why they can't see it.. 

Hope that somebody can help :) 
    Thanks

Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013 10:14
  • Hello,

Are you sur that your new SP group has right permissions to see your template? (maybe you have forgotten to update some permissions after having broken inheritance?)

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013 15:40
    Beantworter
  • I know when I create custom display templates. You have to use your browser go into Site Settings, Master Pages and Page Layouts, Find your Template and Publish a Major version of it. Online do this on the .html file. Leave the JS file alone. Then try it. This has always resolved this exact problem. I experience it all the time.

Jason

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Daniel Payne Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 23:27
    Freitag, 6. April 2018 17:02
  • I know when I create custom display templates. You have to use your browser go into Site Settings, Master Pages and Page Layouts, Find your Template and Publish a Major version of it. Online do this on the .html file. Leave the JS file alone. Then try it. This has always resolved this exact problem. I experience it all the time.

Jason

Amazing! I was pulling my hair out trying to work it out and THIS FIXED IT!

I registered just to tell you that. Thank you heaps!

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 23:27