none
How long can client computer refuse to download updates after deferral period.

Frage

• Hi all,

I have a question regarding WSUS and updates deferral. Right now I have my own server with WSUS configured. Client computers are connected to it and set to check for updates each 10h, defer quality updates for 30 days, "Notify for download and auto install". I am using Windows Server 2016 Datacenter and Windows 10 Enterprise. None of the updates are approved.

Lets imagine a situation when new cumulative update is released, client computer will then "don't see" it for 30 days as it is deferred. After this period of time there is a notification about new updates and Updates & Security page in Settings shows an option to download it. And here comes my question, how long can client computer refuse to download it? Will it be forced after some time and download/install by itself? If so, when?

Thank you for help in advance.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 05:27

Alle Antworten

• Hi WindowsDeployment,

For this issue, We may need some time to do more research, or consult the senior resource, I will get back to you once there is any update. Thank you for your great patience in advance.

Best regards,
    Li Jianjie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 10:19
  • Great, thank you :)
    Montag, 18. Juni 2018 05:21