none
Disabling F1-F12 keys on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Frage

• I have been experiencing some issues involving the 'Function' keys at the top of the keyboard (F1-F12). I wish to know how to disable them from doing what they do (for example on my laptop F1 disables sound) because in many games that I play involves using the function keys and when I try to use them it does nothing in the game but instead does it's set function (like mute) and I just can't find a way to disable them from doing so. If anybody has a fix for it then please tell. Thanks in advance! p.s. I need a fix for Windows 10.

Freitag, 22. Dezember 2017 17:43

Alle Antworten

• I have been experiencing some issues involving the 'Function' keys at the top of the keyboard (F1-F12). I wish to know how to disable them from doing what they do (for example on my laptop F1 disables sound)

Hi RianloloKid,

According to your description, you are talking about key combination of [Fn] key and [F1]-[F12].
    Pressing only [F1] key will not disables sound. [Fn] + [F1] will disables sound (mutes sound).

Please check if [Fn] key is in pressed status, or disable [Fn] key (how-to varies by make and model, please provide make and model name of your computer). 
    Regards,

Ashidacchi

Freitag, 22. Dezember 2017 23:49
  • Hi RianloloKid,

I'm using (Lenovo) X1-Carbon (laptop, ultra note) and found [Fn Sticky Key] in BIOS ([Config] > [Keyboard/Mouse]).  It says "when enabled, you can press the Fn key to keep it in a pressed condition".
    If you can find the same/similar setting in BIOS, please make it Disabled.

For entering BIOS, please press [F1] (*1) several times just after turning power ON.
    (*1) this key varies according to your computer/make.  It may be [Del]... Please refer to User Manual of your computer. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Bearbeitet Ashidacchi Samstag, 23. Dezember 2017 07:28
    Samstag, 23. Dezember 2017 07:25
  • Hi Rian,

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you get a manual with the computer?

You may either check the manual or contact the computer manufacturer for disabling the function keys.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 25. Dezember 2017 07:12