none
Installation Windows SDK schlägt fehl: SECREPAIR: Crypt Provider not initialized. Error:997 RRS feed

• Frage

• Hallo zusammen,

ich bitte um Hilfe, da ich in den Foren-Einträgen bisher nichts Passendes gefunden habe.

Ich versuche vergeblich das Windows SDK auf meinem Windows 8.1 64-Bit Rechner zu installieren. Sie Installation bricht ab mit der Fehlermeldung "Überlappender E/A-Vorgang wird verarbeitet". Im Log-File sieht es so aus:

MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:738]: SECREPAIR: New Hash Database creation complete.
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:738]: SECREPAIR: Crypt Provider not initialized. Error:0
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECREPAIR: Crypt Provider not initialized. Error:0
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECREPAIR: Crypt Provider not initialized. Error:0
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECREPAIR: Crypt Provider not initialized. Error:997
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECUREREPAIR: Failed to CreateContentHash of the file: 2e876dd22fa5e6785f137e3422dd50ec.cab: for computing its hash. Error: 997
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECREPAIR: Failed to create hash for the install source files
    MSI (s) (30:88) [10:21:08:754]: SECUREREPAIR: SecureRepair Failed. Error code: 3e5A8A657D8  

Es wird allgemein vorgeschlagen, die Windows-Updates KB2918614, KB3000988, KB3008627 zu deinstallieren, aber ich habe keines dieser Updates auf meinem Rechner gefunden.

Ich wäre sehr dankbar, wenn jemand eine Idee hat. Danke!

Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2015 09:56

Alle Antworten

• **You need to try the below solution at your own risk as it involves tweaking the registry**

I've installed the hotfix KB3000988 as noted to resolve this issue but I still have the same error. Someone on a Symantec support board posted neither patched worked and to resolve you must manually make registry entries to resolve. Here is what they posted: To do this, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.Type SecureRepairPolicy for the name of the DWORD, and then press Enter.

5.Right-click SecureRepairPolicy, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 2, and then click OK.

7.Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

8.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.

9.Type SecureRepairWhitelist for the name of the key, and then press Enter.

10.Double-click the SecureRepairWhitelist key to open it.

11.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value. Create String Values that contain the product codes (including braces {}) of the products that have to be added to the Safe Recipients list. The NAME of the String Value is the "product code" and the VALUE can be left blank. To obtain the product code for other MSIs, open the MSI by using the ORCA tool that is available in Windows SDK. The link for reference to where this was posted is as follows:

www.symantec.com/.../sep-121-ru5-install-error-error-997-overlapped-io-operation-progress

I had to perform the following as noted by one of the people in the post prior to doing the above registry entries. For what it's worth, the instructions above seem to assume that the last key 'Installer' in the reference below already exists. In my case, that had to be created as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

This worked like a charm and allowed me to complete my installs. Hopefully someone else will find it useful.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015 14:22