none
Storage Quota Emailing Wrong Address

Frage

• We have a user account that does not have a mailbox or any associated SMTP addresses. When his quota fills up, an email is getting sent to a different account/mailbox.  We have scoured AD, ADSI, Exchange, etc. but are a bit baffled as to how this is occurring.

Any suggestions?

Karl

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:01

Alle Antworten

• Hi Karl,

That's strange, could you please reproduce the issue? The e-mail address still send to wrong address?

The problem only happens to his folder?

Could you please also check the Quota e-mail notification again? Nothing wrong?

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 04:42
  • Yes it happens regularly.  And as far as we know it's only his folder.  The quota email notification is a global setting that basically says to send email to users.

Karl

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 13:38
  • I failed to mention that there is a odd little known bug: the user's quota folder isn't even at the threshold to send emails.  However, we have this issue elsewhere as well.

Karl

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 13:40
  • Hi Karl,

Maybe you could delete the configuration for the user and configure again. Then check the results.

Best Regards,

Mary

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 01:28
  • What do you mean?  Like delete the quota and create a new one? 

p.s. sorry, for some reason I do not get alerts when people reply.  Must be getting caught in our expternal spam manager.

Karl

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 21:37
  • I just checked with them and they tried doing that (i.e. delete and recreate the quota).

Karl

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 21:40
  • Hi,

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Support and Services where more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get the root cause.

You may find phone number for your region accordingly from the link below:

Global Customer Service phone numbers

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/worldwide.aspx

Best Regards,

Mary

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2018 01:33