none
MSP PRO 2016 Compare file function not showing gantt data

Frage

• I have two files, both the same.  Files ONE is current master.  File TWO is copy of ONE but with "what if" changes from users.  I'm using the Compare function, everything appears correct.  Both files are set for the same view and gantt timescale.  My problem is the compare file it creates does not show any task bars, summaries, milestones in the Gantt side.  The "Legend for Comparison Report" but nothing is appearing the gantt chart side.

Any ideas of what I'm missing?

Steve

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018 17:48

Alle Antworten

• Steve,

What version of Project are you using? Is it fully updated?

The last sentence of your first paragraph is incomplete. What are you trying to say?

Are you sure it's not simply a matter of the timescale on the Comparison Report file being out of sync with the timescale of the two files (i.e. make sure the timescale dates shown are in the same range).

John

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018 22:06
  • John, I'm using MSProject Pro 2016 and its up to date Ver 1804 (Built 9226.2126)

Here's are sample test files images.  Test file 1, Test file 2 is a copy of 1 but with different start date or durations.  The third image is the results of the Compare Project function.  As you can see the gantt chart is not populating with the Summaries, Tasks and Milestones of current (Test file1) and previous versions (Test file 2).

Appreciate your help...  Steve

Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018 23:19
  • Steve,

Your screen shots of Test files 1 & 2 are great, large enough that I can read them. Unfortunately my eyes aren't that good and I can't easily make out the timescale on the screen shot of the compare file but if I zoom in it looks like the timescale is set for a count of 2 instead of 1. Make sure the timescale on the compare file is set up the same as the two test files.

John

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018 13:13
  • John, thank you for your help.  I'm stumped on why its not working.  I've used it with past versions and its worked as expected.  This is the first time I've use it with the 2016 version.  I've gone ahead and reloaded Project just to just rule that out.  All three file where set at the same timescale.  This is what I'm seeing on the Compare Report view of the gantt chart, its only showing a "one day" 5/16/18 duration, not the 50 days it should be showing.  And its not showing the other sub tasks.  Its not showing the gantt bar styles which should be showing the different between the two as I circled in red?  Do I have something turned on or off?

Steve  

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 16:48
  • Steve,

Unfortunately I won't be able to help any more. I do not have Project 2016 so I can't test the compare utility. I'll contact someone who I know has Project 2016 and ask them to jump in.

One more thought, is calculation set for auto in the comparison file?

John

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:49
  • John, I double checked calculate is on and performed manual F8 calculate on all three files. No luck...

Many thanks working with me...

Steve 

Samstag, 19. Mai 2018 02:57