none
Document Check in & Check out automatically in explorer view

Frage

• In SharePoint 2016, Is there any way to get uploaded files (via explorer view) checked out and in automatically in document library without user knowledge.Because the end users lacks SharePoint Knowledge.

Once the user started editing document, it should not be allowed to edit by others.
    Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 06:05

Alle Antworten

• Hi ghsajith- the only way I can think of is if you create a designer workflow to check in the document on creation. Note: Check in/out is not meant to be automatic. That's the purpose for it.

cameron rautmann

• Bearbeitet croute1 Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 15:38
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Maruthachalam Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 21:48
    Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 15:24
  • Another option would be an EventReceiver. But if you need "automatic" check-in/out, then just disable the feature because it isn't appropriate for the library.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 15:46
  • Once the user started editing document, it should not be allowed to edit by others. Do  I need to create a workflow for this if the check in/check out is not enabled ?
    Dienstag, 9. Januar 2018 19:02
  • You have to use check in/out if you don't want anyone else editing the doc.

cameron rautmann

Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018 14:38
  • Hi,

As mentioned above, you can use designer workflow to check in/out new uploaded document automatically.

Is there any update about your requirement? If replies are helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018 06:40
  • I think the OP was saying, how can documents be automatically checked out once the user begins editing?

Think about it. The document opens as read only by default. Assuming you cannot and/or don't want to co-author the document, it's implied that you'd want it to be checked out automatically if you start editing, just to avoid potential conflicts. So, is there a way to accomplish that?

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018 15:25