none
1803 Feature Update after KB4100403

Frage

• Hello,

I approved the 1803 feature update in my test lab a few weeks ago. It failed on a few hosts because the update was blocked as they had Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series hard drives. KB4100403 was recently released to correct the issues.

How is WSUS going to handle this?

Will the feature update just start installing (where it has been approved but blocked) and then I am expended to immediately apply KB4100403?

Will a new feature update for 1803 be released with KB4100403 applied?

Thanks!

Jeff

Sonntag, 27. Mai 2018 19:28

Alle Antworten

• Hi Jeff,

According to Microsoft TechNet, we encourage affected hosts to wait until the Windows 10 1803 update is offered to your device. Starting May 25th, if you’re an advanced user on an actively serviced version of Windows 10 and would like to install Windows 10 version 1803, you can manually check for updates. In the Search tab, type “Settings”. On the Settings page, navigate to Update & security > Windows Update > click “Check for updates”, which will include this resolution. Here is a link for your reference.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403

BTW, The update KB4100403 will increases the Windows 10 build number to 17134.81. 

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 28. Mai 2018 08:30
  • Hi Tina, Thanks for the info but that didn’t answer my question. I looking to see how WSUS is going to handle this. Jeff
    Montag, 28. Mai 2018 12:59
  • Hi Jeff,

Based on my research, for the hosts with Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series hard drives, it is suggested to roll back to the previous version until the Microsoft releases a new 1803 feature update, you could refer to below link for more details.

https://hothardware.com/news/these-intel-ssds-blocked-microsofts-windows-10-april-2018-update

Currently, you could create a new computer group in WSUS for the hosts with Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series hard drives, and then decline the 1803 feature update to this computer group.

Also, I will keep you posted if anything new about 1803 feature update. Hope the new feature update will be released early.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018 08:37
  • Hi Jeff,

Based on my research, for the hosts with Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series hard drives, it is suggested to roll back to the previous version until the Microsoft releases a new 1803 feature update, you could refer to below link for more details.

https://hothardware.com/news/these-intel-ssds-blocked-microsofts-windows-10-april-2018-update

Currently, you could create a new computer group in WSUS for the hosts with Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series hard drives, and then decline the 1803 feature update to this computer group.

Also, I will keep you posted if anything new about 1803 feature update. Hope the new feature update will be released early.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

Hi Tina,

Do you have any news regarding this question? Should we need to do something to sync a new feature update for Windows 10 1803 which includes a new fix for Intel SSD drives on our WSUS servers?

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 13:27
  • Does anyone have any information on how this is going to be handled?
    vor 15 Stunden 19 Minuten