none
Visio - Export to Excel

Frage

• Hello Community, 

After doing and trying multiple options I am still not able to figure out on how to export a Visio Drawing to Excel with all the relationships / functions / Connectors directions exported in columns, without disrupting the purpose of the Visio drawing.

It would be great if someone can guide me on how to achieve the same.

Awaiting positive response.

--

Best

Kumar Mayuresh. 

Montag, 12. Dezember 2016 17:22

Alle Antworten

• Hi Kumar Mayuresh,

>>  how to export a Visio Drawing to Excel with all the relationships / functions / Connectors directions exported in columns, without disrupting the purpose of the Visio drawing.

By this, do you mean you want to export the shape properties to Excel? If this is your case, I’d recommend you the following steps to see if the Shape Reports feature in Visio can meet your requirement:

1. Click the Shape Reports button under the Review ribbon:

2. Click New, select Advanced if you need to add some criteria around what you want to export, then click Next:

3. Click Next, choose the properties you want displayed as columns, hit Next > Next > Finish.

4. Click Run > Excel > OK to generate report:

For more information about using Visio shape reports, you could also refer to this article.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If I have misunderstood anything, please share some screenshots about your query via OneDrive( https://onedrive.live.com/ ) then we can help you better.

Any update is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2016 09:08
  • Very good...perfect actually!  Thanks.
    Freitag, 19. Mai 2017 13:10
  • Hi John,

Thank you for sharing all those information but i have one question around it . Let me tell you the exact scenario i have :

I created a Visio diagram and saved it . After some time i  moved out the very first Shape to the second place and place a connector between them . Even though i found that the process name is still same i.e 1 for the shape which is moved out to second place in the Visio Diagram. I tried identifying the concept using Powershell and also this export method which you suggested , i found the same problem in all of them. 

Do we have any option to get the actual Serial No or Process Name as per the shape arrangement even after modifying it.

Exactly what i wanted to flag out is while creating the Visio Diagram initially the Process No is assigned to each shape after saving the file it get fixed. But if we change/ Rearrange the shapes then process No is still same which is not the best practice.

Any help will be highly appreciated !

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Brian H81 Freitag, 25. Mai 2018 10:36
    • Nicht als Antwort vorgeschlagen Brian H81 Freitag, 25. Mai 2018 10:36
    Mittwoch, 7. März 2018 05:43
  • Hi 

Once you have amended the diagram with new shapes or reordering the flows you will need to Re-Number the shapes manually.

Go to the View Tab > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Number shapes

Select Manual by Clicking

Start with what the first out of sequence should be

Click the incorrectly numbered boxes till if flows correctly.

Freitag, 25. Mai 2018 10:43