none
Which node the retired disk belong to?

Frage

• Hello,

I have retired a disk in storage spaces direct for my cluster using powershell. I am unable to recognize which node that particular disk belongs to so that I can remove it. I did not change the friendlyname of the disks and I have duplication in those as they we bought from the same vendor. I have unique serial numbers though.

Is there a way to find out to which the node belongs to and also to know more info about it so that I remove the bad disk but not the one that is working.

Regards,

Appzy

Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 17:33

Alle Antworten

• Hi!

If you retire a physical disk in Storage Spaces Direct, I believe the Health Status becomes "Not Healthy".

You could then look for "non healthy" disks to  easly identify the disk, as follows:

$DiskToBeRemoved = Get-PhysicalDisk -Friendlyname "DISKMODEL" |? OperationalStatus -Notlike OK

And then to remove the disk, run:

Remove-PhysicalDisk -PhysicalDisks $DiskToBeRemoved -StoragePoolFriendlyName "YourStoragePool"

This should work out, unless you have multiple disks with OperationalStatus "not OK".

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 22:56
  • Hi,

You may need to use some scripts to show which disk belong to which node.

Like below:

Here is the scripts share by  Cosmos Darwin, you could also take a look.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2016/11/21/deep-dive-pool-in-spaces-direct/

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 11. Juni 2018 06:17
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Mary

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2018 07:47
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Mary

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 08:23