none
DPM Error ID: 36 - DPM Cannot access the path, becasue part of the path has been deleted or renamed

Frage

• I have 6 dpm 2012 sp1 servers backing up a 2012 sp1 8 node hyper-v cluster.

all backups ran perfect all week. We do not run backups on saturday night. Backups ran sun night and 7-8 servers on each DPM server failed to backup with error;

The operation failed for Microsoft Hyper-V \Backup Using Child Partition Snapshot\XXX on SCVMM XXXX Resources.XXXXXX. because the data source is not available. (ID 30169 Details: VssError:The specified object was not found. (0x80042308))

I then go to check the disk allocation - and receive error  id 36, DPM cannot access the path, because part of the path has been deleted or renamed?

I checked the disk and not seeing any errors or disk offline.

any ideas what is going on?

THX

ANNCEX

Montag, 24. Februar 2014 21:47

Antworten

• I removed a vm from the protection group, next tried to reapply, but could not even select it to add to protection group. so I checked the failover cluster manager and didnt see any issues. So I live migrated the vm, just to see what whould happen. I was then able to add back into the protection group & consistency check completed. Next test - I selected another of the failed vm's and live migrated it, I was able to complete a consistency check. Now why cant vm's migrate in a csv cluster to different nodes, then complete backups successfully. Cluster has been up for 2 weeks now. Prior to this issues backups ran succesful for the last 7 days.

ANNCEX

• Als Antwort markiert Anncex Montag, 24. Februar 2014 23:00
    Montag, 24. Februar 2014 22:40

Alle Antworten

• I removed a vm from the protection group, next tried to reapply, but could not even select it to add to protection group. so I checked the failover cluster manager and didnt see any issues. So I live migrated the vm, just to see what whould happen. I was then able to add back into the protection group & consistency check completed. Next test - I selected another of the failed vm's and live migrated it, I was able to complete a consistency check. Now why cant vm's migrate in a csv cluster to different nodes, then complete backups successfully. Cluster has been up for 2 weeks now. Prior to this issues backups ran succesful for the last 7 days.

ANNCEX

• Als Antwort markiert Anncex Montag, 24. Februar 2014 23:00
    Montag, 24. Februar 2014 22:40
  • I had a similar problem with DPM 2012 R2. I was getting the same error but on one server only. It was a new server that we had built, added to DPM just fine, ended up making some major changes to it, then rebuilt the server and re-added it to DPM and received this error when the review allocation menu during the wizard came up. I rebooted our DPM server, rebooted the VM and the host it was on in the cluster. Tried live migrating it around and still nothing.

For us, the answer was all to simple. I went through added the VM to the protection group again. During the phase where you select what VMs you want to add, there is a little refresh button at the bottom of the available server list. I knew nothing had changed as I could see the server I wanted in the list. I clicked the refresh button and the rest of the wizard completed flawlessly. Sometimes it is the simplest things that can be the solution.

I appreciate you updating your own question with your solution. It gave me a good place to start. I hope if someone else is searching for the same thing, that one of our answers helps them out.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Merrild Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2015 11:08
    Donnerstag, 16. Juli 2015 16:29
  • The refresh button solved my issue.

Alastair

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2016 09:43
  • Arrggg - been trying to fix this for hours and refresh button also worked for me!
    Samstag, 31. Dezember 2016 00:15
  • You beauty! Refresh button Fixed my issue on DPM v11.0.50.0. I was wasting time on the PowerShell checking for orphaned volumes etc
    Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017 01:15
  • One of those gotchas!! Glad it worked Enjoy

ANNCEX

Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017 01:25
  • Robb, you are genius.

I was banging my head for two hours, trying to add my reinstalled server to protection group, before i found your post.

BIG thanks.

Donnerstag, 2. März 2017 11:36
  • Tive este mesmo problema depois de adicionar um disco novo para a maquina virtual. O DPM Reconheceu o disco, porem não listava as pastas e arquivos dele.

Realmente, o Botão "Refresh" na lista de membros do grupo de proteção, foi o que salvou minha vida.

Obrigado Robb Crabtree  pela dica.

Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017 11:05
  • Sorry I don't understand Spanish 🤓 But I'll assume it worked! Enjoy

ANNCEX

Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017 13:09
  • Great solution! The official MS articles that you get when Googling don't suggest this easy fix.

KW

Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2017 18:44
  • Thanks Robb, it worked for me as well. I am using SCDPM 2016.

praveen bellary.

Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2017 05:33
  • Thanks Robb, this worked like a charm and I was battling for hours on this. :)
    Montag, 4. Juni 2018 09:45