none
No way to change layout for pages

Frage

• In the default Pages library on my site, I have multiple pages that I had created.  However, I don't seem to have any way of changing the layout for the pages.

They are set to:

/_catalogs/masterpage/TabbedPageLayout.aspx

I want to change to header/footer/two columns, but even when I edit the page, there's no option for changing the layout, when it seems there should be.

Also, every time I edit a page, it gets checked out and I have to manually check it back in, by going to /Pages/ and manually doing it.  Is there any way to get prompted for a checkin or some easier way?

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 16:28

Alle Antworten

1. As Site Collection Administrator, navigate to: Settings > Site Settings > Site collection features, and then look for SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure: is it activated?
    2. As Site Collection Administrator, navigate to: Settings > Site Settings > Site Actions > Manage site features, and then look for SharePoint Server Publishing: is it activated?
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:22
  • Yes, "Sharepoint server publishing" is active.
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:28
  • Publishing pages are stored in the Pages document library.  Note that you can change layouts on Publishing pages and not Web Part pages, which are stored in the SitePages document library.  Add a new page to the Pages document library, then open it for editing: you should be able to change the layout. 
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:38
  • Ok, there is no "sitepages" document library, just the default "Pages" document library, where these pages are.

If I go to the "Pages" document library, I go to the top left and click "new document, and the options are 

Page

Article Page

Welcome Page

Enterprise Wiki Page

and then some database thing.

If I try to choose any of those, it says:

"

Sorry, something went wrong

There are no page layout files available in the master page library of the top-level site. Add one or more page layouts to this library before you create a page or set page properties.

---

Apparently if I activate "wiki page home page" it will create sitepages library, but I don't want to mess up the current homepage?

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:44
  • The default is actually the "Site Pages" document library, and it is the "Pages" document library that is added after activating the web-scoped SharePoint Server Publishing feature.  If you are missing the Site Pages document library, it may have been deleted at some point or renamed.  please try the following:

1. Navigate to the Pages document library.
    2. From the New dropdown, select the Page option.
    3. Edit as desired, and then save the page.
    4. Re-open the page, select the PAGE tab in the ribbon.  Look for the Page Layout button.
    5. Click this button.  This sill open a dropdown listing various layouts
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:17
  • That doesn't work:

Sorry, something went wrong

There are no page layout files available in the master page library of the top-level site. Add one or more page layouts to this library before you create a page or set page properties.

----

HOWEVER, I did create a new document library and called it SitePages, and made it a web part page.  This seems to work now.  Thanks!

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:25
  • Please do this:

1. Navigate to: Settings > Site Settings > Look and Feel > Page layouts and site templates.
    2. Look for the Page Layouts group: are any layouts listed?
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:40
  • Sorry, something went wrong

---

BUT that is OK, because the new sitepages library i made works :)

Thanks!

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:48
  • What do you see when you navigate here:

• Settings > Site Settings > Web Designer Galleries > Master pages and page layouts

You may need to page through this document library a bit.  Do you see any files that have "layout" in their names?

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 18:58
  • Hi Shubham,

if the issue is resolved, you could mark the helpful reply as answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 21. Mai 2018 07:02