none
pdf export of *docx document containing svg RRS feed

• Frage

• Microsoft recently added SVG support to Word 2016. 

Saving the document as *.pdf directly with Word, will cause a conversion of the *.svg to a pixel graphic with a not acceptable quality. I tried to adjust

• the resolution of the pictures in word, as well as in the save as options is set to "high fidelity" 
    • pdf/a on and off -> no change (even worse if on)
    • used the "save as" and "export" option--> no change
    • export as xps --> Quality seems a bit better, but is still a pixel graphic

I havent found any solution yet. 

Is there a way to preserve the scalability of svg graphics when saving to document as pdf? Is there any option to switch this "on"?

I dont want to print the document as pdf, because i need the hyperlinks. I also used emf and wmf for some graphics, but in this case i need the svg. I dont want to convert it to png.

I have a Win10 x64 and a Office 2016 1903 Build 11425.20204. The svg is created with inkscape v0.92.3. 

Can please anybody help me with this issue? Is this still the case in Office 2019?

Thanks a lot!

Dienstag, 9. April 2019 20:33

Alle Antworten

• PDF doesn't support SVG.
    Try Options->extended->Picturesize and quality.
    Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 08:48
  • Oh really? 

Thanks a lot for this info!

Is there a possibility to get a vector graphic with opaque areas/ shadows into a pdf? Or is a raster-graphic the only solution to do this? 

Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 09:47
  • I knowing only the png-Format (32-bit color ARGB, A=Transparency) for doing this.
    Shadow is beiing possible with the different "form effects".
    Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 11:08