none
Co-Authoring in Word (Sharepoint), no one can save!

Frage

• Hi

We have been having this issue for months in our organisation! I have run out of ideas.

3 members of staff often go into the same Word document at a time, which would be good if it would then let them save!

It is constantly asking them to save a copy and a lot of the time their changes don't save onto sharepoint!

I have tried making it so they have to check the document out in order to go in and edit but that caused even worse problems.

I have also tried deleting the Upload Centre completely but it keeps coming back (sometimes this works for a little while).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 15:54

Antworten

1. Is this document being edited online (OWA) or on user desktop Word instances?
    2. Check the permissions of the document library: does it inherit from the site?
    3. Check the site and library permissions for each user; are the Contribute or greater?
    • Als Antwort markiert LauraB96 Montag, 21. Mai 2018 13:54
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:26

Alle Antworten

1. Is this document being edited online (OWA) or on user desktop Word instances?
    2. Check the permissions of the document library: does it inherit from the site?
    3. Check the site and library permissions for each user; are the Contribute or greater?
    • Als Antwort markiert LauraB96 Montag, 21. Mai 2018 13:54
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:26
  • Hi,

Please check in your document library , its not enabled check in check out for user, If it is enabled then co-authoring feature won't work.
    Check all user trying to co-authoring the document having contribute permission on this document library.
    Check this feature working on "Editing on browser" and Editing on Office Client" , still if it is not working the I suspect the configuration issue on OWA on your web application.

Please check this link for all OWA related problem and it solution

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431687.aspx

Murugesa Pandian MCSA,MCSE,MCPD

Gear up for some solid action by doing. Slide,theory and blog won't useful much. 
    After all world likes only doers not sayers/speakers .

Sonntag, 20. Mai 2018 04:13
  • Hi

Thank you so much for this response. Their permissions were set to 'Edit', I have now changed this to 'Contribute'.

Hopefully this will help! Thank you!!

LauraB

Montag, 21. Mai 2018 13:55
  • Hi

So I changed their permissions to contribute and it happened again yesterday.

Regards, LauraB

Freitag, 25. Mai 2018 07:02
  • Laura - this is not a SharePoint issue, but involves IE and saving to your local machine. It's something commonly experienced. If you experience it, just save to whatever folder works, and then move it to where you want to place it afterwards.
    Samstag, 26. Mai 2018 13:01