none
Co-Authoring in Word (Sharepoint), no one can save!

Frage

• Hi

We have been having this issue for months in our organisation! I have run out of ideas.

3 members of staff often go into the same Word document at a time, which would be good if it would then let them save!

It is constantly asking them to save a copy and a lot of the time their changes don't save onto sharepoint!

I have tried making it so they have to check the document out in order to go in and edit but that caused even worse problems.

I have also tried deleting the Upload Centre completely but it keeps coming back (sometimes this works for a little while).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 15:54

Antworten

1. Is this document being edited online (OWA) or on user desktop Word instances?
    2. Check the permissions of the document library: does it inherit from the site?
    3. Check the site and library permissions for each user; are the Contribute or greater?
    • Als Antwort markiert LauraB96 vor 41 Minuten
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:26

Alle Antworten

1. Is this document being edited online (OWA) or on user desktop Word instances?
    2. Check the permissions of the document library: does it inherit from the site?
    3. Check the site and library permissions for each user; are the Contribute or greater?
    • Als Antwort markiert LauraB96 vor 41 Minuten
    Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 17:26
  • Hi,

Please check in your document library , its not enabled check in check out for user, If it is enabled then co-authoring feature won't work.
    Check all user trying to co-authoring the document having contribute permission on this document library.
    Check this feature working on "Editing on browser" and Editing on Office Client" , still if it is not working the I suspect the configuration issue on OWA on your web application.

Please check this link for all OWA related problem and it solution

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431687.aspx

Murugesa Pandian MCSA,MCSE,MCPD

Gear up for some solid action by doing. Slide,theory and blog won't useful much. 
    After all world likes only doers not sayers/speakers .

Sonntag, 20. Mai 2018 04:13
  • Hi

Thank you so much for this response. Their permissions were set to 'Edit', I have now changed this to 'Contribute'.

Hopefully this will help! Thank you!!

LauraB

vor 40 Minuten