none
BSOD on Win7 and XP

Frage

• Hi guys,

I am having BSOD in both xp and win7

Let me explain the whole story.......

I had 2 sticks of 2 gb ram(corsair xms3 ddr3) for few months until I found one of them were faulty (because I used to get system freeze often). So RMA’ed them and got new pair. After installing them I got instant BSOD on Win7, later on XP too.

The REAL PROBLEM is the bsod appears only during alternate boots or so. When I don’t get a blue screen after booting on win7, the system is 100% stable after that (memtest or games give no BSOD).

The memtest86+ was giving errors few times, but suddenly in my last scan it ran for 4 hours and repeated scan and gave no errors.

"Windows memory diagnostics tool" took 8 hours to complete and returned no errors.

The problem is on and off.   And so if I want to test 1 ram stick at a time it can very well fool me :D coz even  with 2 sticks it runs flawlessly half the time.

I will attach last 5 .dmp files of win7 here

http://www.2shared.com/file/9awbREWQ/minidmp.html

On XP its page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and stop 0x00000050 the last time I noted.

Both OS are on different drives, same hard disk. I formatted the whole HDD and freshly partitioned and reinstalled both OS with latest drivers and even BIOS, still BSOD!

Its mostly stop 1A

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:             1a

BCP1:  0000000000041790

BCP2:  FFFFFA800170BA10

BCP3:  000000000000FFFF

BCP4:  0000000000000000

OS Version:      6_1_7600

Service Pack:    0_0

Product:             256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\101610-13431-01.dmp

C:\Users\SaiRam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28844-0.sysdata.xml

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:             1a

BCP1:  0000000000041790

BCP2:  FFFFFA8001122510

BCP3:  000000000000FFFF

BCP4:  0000000000000000

OS Version:      6_1_7600

Service Pack:    0_0

Product:             256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\101610-13384-01.dmp

C:\Users\SaiRam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28735-0.sysdata.xml

MY SYSTEM HARDWARE:

CPU  : intel Core i5 750, 3179 MHz (24 x 132)

MOBO : MSI H55M-E33/P31 (MS-7636)

Ram  : corsair 2*2GB (1333Mhz) DDR3

GPU  : PowerColor Radeon HD 5770 (S/N: PG0912085259) (Part No. AX5770 1GBD5-PPG)

PSU  : CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 460W (RS-460-ASAA-D3)

HDD  : 600 GB sata (WD)

OS   : Windows XP (32 bit)

Windows 7 (64 bit)

I hope someone could help me out. Really frustrated coz can’t figure out if it’s a hardware or software issue.

Sai Ram

Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010 07:23

Antworten

• I just found out where the real problem was.

Since I got BSOD only after I installed the RMA'ed RAM, I temporarily assumed rest of my PC was good and concentrated more on the RAM issues.

I saw support website address on the RAM box and topic "Cold start" looked like my case.

since memtest gave errors only during the beginning of the day, I was pretty much convinced that should be the problem. so turned off the PC for eight hours. In the morning I put the 1st stick and there was no BSOD even after 3 manual restarts. I removed 1st stick and put 2nd stick immediately and checked again. this time BSOD while loading windows and on my next try it just froze on "starting windows" screen.

This is really annoying  because it will be the 2nd time in four weeks I will have to send it for RMA.

I will RMA both of them and will post again with the results from fresh RAM.

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010 08:18

Alle Antworten

• Please understand that Microsoft provides different support services which have different service levels and support boundaries. For this process crashes issue, it is necessary to debug the related crash dump files to locate the root cause. However, debugging is out of our Forum support boundary. I’d like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance, the support professionals there are better qualified to assist you.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS  

Thank you for your understanding.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010 11:46
  • In three of the BSODs the process that crashed was an AVG process.

Since you have an older version of AVG installed I would suggest to uninstall AVG and see if the BSODs resolve.

Afterward, update to the latest version of AVG or use other security software such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Samstag, 16. Oktober 2010 12:11
  • I just found out where the real problem was.

Since I got BSOD only after I installed the RMA'ed RAM, I temporarily assumed rest of my PC was good and concentrated more on the RAM issues.

I saw support website address on the RAM box and topic "Cold start" looked like my case.

since memtest gave errors only during the beginning of the day, I was pretty much convinced that should be the problem. so turned off the PC for eight hours. In the morning I put the 1st stick and there was no BSOD even after 3 manual restarts. I removed 1st stick and put 2nd stick immediately and checked again. this time BSOD while loading windows and on my next try it just froze on "starting windows" screen.

This is really annoying  because it will be the 2nd time in four weeks I will have to send it for RMA.

I will RMA both of them and will post again with the results from fresh RAM.

Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010 08:18
  • Believe it or not, I had to send the RAMs for RMA three times to get a pair that is working.

All errors have vanished :D.

No BSOD or errors with the new batch of RAMs.

The issue was purely hardware.

Thanks a lot to you guys for giving prompt replies.

Montag, 1. November 2010 08:35