none
matshita uj 850s

Frage

• i been used matshita in my sony vaio VGN-N320E with windows vista. but now the driver stop to work its unable to read and write cd y dvd but the green light is on. when i go to device manager and iselect driver properties it say."windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39) there is any one can  tell me what to do or help me with this please. this is my email yovani_mor@live.com .thanks

Samstag, 11. Oktober 2008 07:52

Antworten

• Hi,

I suggest trying the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1 If you have any third-party CD/DVD-burning software such as Naro or Roxio installed, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Method 2 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer.

Method 3 Reinstall the DVD Drive

=======================

1. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3. Right-click the DVD drive and click Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Sony for more information.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 04:04
  • thanks for you help i follow your steps for now my prolem was resolved.

but i deleted the lowerfilters  and upperfilters files. when i did it the warnig messsage said

it could cause a prolem to sistem. what that mean. any way thanks.
    Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 07:00

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

I suggest trying the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1 If you have any third-party CD/DVD-burning software such as Naro or Roxio installed, please temporarily remove them from "Control Panel"-> "Programs and Features".

Method 2 Delete Filter Drivers

======================

1. Click Start, type regedit and press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane, and then check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer.

Method 3 Reinstall the DVD Drive

=======================

1. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

2. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

3. Right-click the DVD drive and click Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Sony for more information.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 04:04
  • thanks for you help i follow your steps for now my prolem was resolved.

but i deleted the lowerfilters  and upperfilters files. when i did it the warnig messsage said

it could cause a prolem to sistem. what that mean. any way thanks.
    Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 07:00
  • Hi,

A filter driver is a Microsoft Windows driver that adds value to peripheral devices or supports a specialized device in the personal computer. It is driver/program/module that is inserted into the existing driver stack to perform some specific function. A filter driver should not affect the normal working of the existing driver stack in any major way. Written either by Microsoft or the vendor of the hardware, any number of filter drivers can be added to Windows. Upper level filter drivers sit above the primary driver for the device (the function driver), while lower level filter drivers sit below the function driver and above the bus driver.

Filters may work on a certain brand of device such as a mouse or keyboard, or they may perform some operation on a class of devices, such as any mouse or any keyboard. Another type of filter driver is the bus filter driver, which may be added on top of the bus driver. For example, an ACPI bus filter is added to support power management for each device.

However, a filter driver can cause CD/DVD drive issues. As they are not important files, you can safely delete them if your CD/DVD drive does not work.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 08:50
  • ok. thanks.

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008 16:14
  • I also have a VGN-N320E. I tried these steps and the drive now shows, but does not read or write any dvds. It's like a ghost.
    Freitag, 13. Februar 2009 02:57
  • Dear Tim Quan, I have MATSHITA uj 850s dvd drive. When I connect it to my windows10 tablet, I can see a dvd icon in windows explorer. But when I put any dvd, either blank or movie, it can not read. I have tried to connect the uj 850s to a windows7 laptop. It works perfectly. I have search for a windows10 compatible driver for it ovr the internet, but could not find any. I have tried your solution for windows vista regarding this problem issues, but I can not find upper filter nor lower filter value. Pls do me a favour. Thanks.
    Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 23:08