none
Exchange 2013 SMTP Relay Issue

Frage

• Hello Exchange experts,

One of my internal servers auto-sends out email reports to the external users and one of their DL. Out of 5 reports, the external users are receiving two of them without any issue. I have turned on the protocol logging and I am able to see these two reports handed over to the external email server successfully. Three reports which the external users are not receiving I also cannot see it on the smtpsend log either. The only difference is that the two reports that the external users are getting does not contain one of their distribution list whereas the other three reports does.

I tried sending test message from my outlook to their DL and I can see email being handed over successfully on the log.

My question is why the report from my internal server containing their DL is not going through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 16:57

Alle Antworten

• Have you tried using message tracking?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 19:11
  • Hi tamangketa,

Add some information about the using of message tracking:

Get-TransportServer | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Sender xxx@xxx.xxx -MessageSubject "xxx"

By the way, I want to confirm with you:

1. What NDR information is returned

2. Whether users in other domain can send report to this group?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 08:40
  • Thank you Ed.

The application server was using postfix to directly relay the reports to the external mail server. It was not using the internal exchange server. That's why I could not find it in the transport logs.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 16:40