none
Edge Transport Server & Existing Spam Appliance.

Frage

• I'm implementing an Edge Transport Server between MBX and Symantec Messaging Gateway. It's going to be the middle man to re-write headers. My mind is having a seizure on how to understand the setup. Documentation and tutorials assume the ETS is going to sit at the true edge. But I have something before it. Will I still use SMG as the Smart Host to process mail? I've not actually seen the Edge Subscription configuration in EAC to understand how this will flow.

It makes sense how it's setup now with our send connectors. MBXes are listed in scoping. Then the smart host as the SMG is listed. Will the ETS be listed as a scope when I setup the Edge Subscription?

Montag, 25. Juni 2018 22:26

Alle Antworten

• Hi thenk83,

From this article, we can know: when we use a smart host and edge, the automatically created Send connector won't have the correct configuration.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Dienstag, 26. Juni 2018 08:01
  • I added in an Edge Transport Server. I'm trying to rewrite outbound and its not working.

New-AddressRewriteEntry -Name "Description" -InternalAddress mailaccount@company.com -ExternalAddress mailaccount@externalcompany.com -OutboundOnly $true

It doesn't seem to re-write the headers at all! What am I doing wrong?

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 04:51
  • Hi thenk83,

Do you want use re-write to achieve the goal in this thread? If so, I think the suggestion that I provide in that thread are more convenient for you.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 09:48
  • Hi Kyle,

When I send a message directly from the user. The email address is re-written. But when I do an automatic forward or mail flow rule, it doesn't rewrite the email address. It still shows the original address.

As a matter of fact with a mail rule the message is never delivered anywhere.

Basically whats going on is...  our company is selling off a division of the company. They want mail messages forwarded to the email of address of the users new company. I understand how the forward works. But when the message is forwarded to the new company, it includes their old company email address in the rely-all. I want to rewrite the header just show their new company email address. It's not working.

• Bearbeitet thenk83 Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 17:39 New info
    Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 15:50
  • But when I do an automatic forward or mail flow rule, it doesn't rewrite the email address. 

Hi thenk83,

I you want to achieve this goal, you should use redirect rather then forward.

1. Here are my transport rule:(When send to 6a, redirect to 6b automatically)

2. Administrator send a mail to 6a:

3. This mail will be redirected to 6b automatically and this mail's sender will be administrator rather then 6a:

4. When 6b click "repaly", the mail will be send to administrator rather then 6a:

Here is the mail flow for redirect rule:

“Redirect” rule will works as you want and it is more convenient then address re-write.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2018 02:03
  • Hi thenk83,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Freitag, 29. Juni 2018 09:40
  • Hi thenk83,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Montag, 2. Juli 2018 03:00