none
How to Migrate Yahoo Mails to Office 365 with attachments?

Frage

• Hi, I am new to Social Technet. Hope i'll find my solution here for sure.

Actually me and my team want to export our yahoo mails to office 365. So I was looking for any migrating tool to export yahoo mails to office 365. If you are an developer or IT technician kindly revert back soon. 

Hoping for the perfect solution.

Thanks & Cheers!!

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017 13:41

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

If you have only a few mailboxes in Yahoo small Business, you can connect the mailboxes via Outlook and export your mail to a PST file - then import it into your Exchange Online.

Meanwhile, you can refer to: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Import-Yahoo-to-Office-365-c4f02780

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Montag, 18. Dezember 2017 07:08
  • Hi,

I would like to get the best option to transfer emails from Yahoo to Office 365 accounts. 

#1 Manual Method

Migrate emails from Yahoo to Office 365 using IMAP option

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-you-need-to-know-about-migrating-your-IMAP-mailboxes-to-Office-365-3fe19996-29bc-4879-aab9- 5a622b2f1481? ui = en-US & rs = en-US & to = US

#2 Alternate Solution

Download and install Advik Yahoo Backup Tool. This utility will easily transfer its complete mailbox to Office 365 account with attachments. Moreover, you also have to transfer emails from Yahoo to Office 365, Windows Live Mail account and Outlook.com account.

Thanks and Regards!!!

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018 08:53
  • Perfect Solution is to Export Yahoo emails to PST file format. Once the PST file is created on your local machine. Import it to Office 365 account using Azure AZCopy Tool. To Export Yahoo emails to PST, you can use SysTools Yahoo Email Backup Software. 
    Mittwoch, 19. September 2018 10:41
  • Now you can save your Yahoo email to the local drive in any format such as PST, MBOX, EML in Mac OS. I have found an application "Yahoo Backup for Mac" which supports only Mac machines but all versions of Mac OS, this software will save your time and data from errors.

For more info visit:- https://www.mailvita.com/yahoo-backup-for-mac/

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019 11:20
  • Hi Russel, 

If you want to see you Yahoo mails in Office 365, it is not necessary to migrate Yahoo mails to office 365, you can also sync it with office 365 (online outlook) and then if required export your data to PST file format and use it where ever required.

To link/ sync Yahoo Mail to Office 365 via IMAP, follow the instructions provided below.

1. Run Outlook (any version).
    2. Select File >> Info>> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings.
    3. Now, click on Next to continue.
    4. Choose to Add New Account window >> Internet Email then, click on Next.
    5. Enter the Yahoo email address and Password.
      Note: Check to remember password option to avoid being prompted each time.

Incoming mail server: pop.mail.Yahoo.com
      Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.Yahoo.com
    6. Now, go to Account Type from drop-down menu select POP3.
    7. Click on More Settings then, enter the preferred name for the account in the Mail Account field.
    8. Select the Outgoing Server tab and make sure you Use Same Incoming Mail Server Settings and My SMTP Requires Authentication is checked.
    9. Select the Advanced tab, and change the server port numbers. Specify the incoming and outgoing server numbers as:

POP3 server: 995
      SMTP server: 465
    10. Choose SSL as Encryption type and make sure that This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection is selected.
    11. Click on OK >> Next >> Finish.
    12. Now exit and Restart The MS Outlook
    13. Click on the Send/Receive button and then select Send/Receive All Folders.

Now all your emails of Yahoo account will be visible in your Outlook email client. Open your office 365 account and view the yahoo mails in the office 365 outlook web access (OWA). 

Now if required export the yahoo emails to PST file format in a local drive-through outlook. Import that file when needed and use the data in it. I'm not sure about any tool in this, as I always choose this way to take emails from yahoo to office 365.

Hope this resolves your issue.

With Regards

Adwin

Samstag, 19. Januar 2019 08:22