none
SCCM Active Client Automatically Deleting From console

Frage

• We are facing weird issue . SCCM Active clients automatically Deleting every month .. 

SCCM setting as below 

Our heartbeat discovery scheduled to run every 2 week also maintenance task to clear install install flag on 30 days .

in AD DHCP and DNS part 

DNS Scavenging is configure to run every 15 days and DHCP is configure for release ip in every 7 days .

Troubleshooting Done 

I have verify ADsysdis.log few deleted machine are getting below error massage . And few are already discovered with no SCCM client.

ERROR: GetIPAddr - GetAddrInfoW() for "XXXXX" failed with error code 11001. SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT 12/26/2017 8:38:08 AM 33648 (0x8370)
    ERROR: Machine XXXX is offline or invalid. SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT 12/26/2017 8:38:08 AM 33648 (0x8370)

i am not Sure how SCCM Active client is auto deleting . Please suggest any clue and log file where i can dig-down this issue ? 

Dienstag, 26. Dezember 2017 14:54

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Have you checked your maintenance tasks?

Reference for maintenance tasks for System Center Configuration Manager

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/servers/manage/reference-for-maintenance-tasks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 27. Dezember 2017 09:50
  • Hi ,

maintenance is used for Delete inactive clients . Any idea why active clients getting delete . please Snuggestwhich maintenance task should i refer any suggested log for this kind  of issue ?

Montag, 1. Januar 2018 06:17
  • Did you ever find an answer to this problem? We have the same issue in our organization with about 30 systems.  The systems show up in the console as having No client, but when I push an install to the system, eventually it shows Client Yes.  After about an hour, the system disappears from SCCM console completely, eventually it reappears but shows Client No once again.  What is even more odd, is if I logon to the system, the client is installed and functional, meaning the system is still getting Windows patches and third-party updates.  But for some reason the systems just keep getting deleted from the SCCM console and reappear and show No Client no matter how many times I push the client install via the console.

Freitag, 12. Oktober 2018 19:08