none
Forwarding Address In Headers

Frage

• Our company sold a division of the company. Along with that sell 100 users are going. I have to forward all emails for all 100 users to the new companies email address.

I started out with a forward on an account. The issue I'm having is, when I send an email from outsideuser@domain.com, it sends to solduser@sellingcompany.com and forwards to newuser@boughtcompany. But when you hit "Reply All" it has "solduser@sellingcompany.com" along with outsideruser@domain.com. I want to remove or not include "solduser@sellingcompany.com".

I've tried this with a Mail Flow rule that 45% works of the time and I've tried a generic forward and neither do what I want.

Is this something an Edge Transport server could do with rewriting headers and such? We don't have one and my Google searches are bringing up that I need one.

Also, is this something from the originating email rather than anything internal?

Samstag, 23. Juni 2018 16:51

Alle Antworten

• Hi thenk83,

When you use forward rule: the mail send to 'newuser@boughtcompany' is from 'solduser@sellingcompany.com', so it is a normal phenomenon there only 'solduser@sellingcompany.com' exist in the receive list when click 'replay'.

If you want 'newuser@boughtcompany' replay to ’outsideruser@domain.com‘ directly, you should use redirect rather then forward rule.

You can use inbox rule in Outlook client, you can also set a transport rule in server side.

In Outlook client:

You can create this rule based on the wizard directly. However, for inbox rule, it only works when Outlook client is running.

In server side:

1. Create a mail contact for 'newuser@boughtcompany'

2. Create a transport rule for 'solduser@sellingcompany.com' to redirect mails to newuser@boughtcompany

However, 100 transport rule may cause a transport delay in your server.

So, you can choose inbox rule or transport rule according to your situation. 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 25. Juni 2018 08:14
  • Hi thenk83,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 01:33
  • Hi thenk83,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Montag, 2. Juli 2018 03:01