none
Automating Outlook profile generation in a Coexistence environment

Frage

• We currently run on-premises AD2012 and Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2010/2013 client mix.  We have an acquisition running on Azure/O365 that is moving into a coexistence state with us, where acquisition users will be provided our standard desktop image and will log into them using a new account created in our domain. However, we've been asked to automate Outlook profile creation on these new systems, which should automatically configure the profile to point to their O365 mailbox. Manually setting this up by providing the "acqusition.com" email address works fine. Anyone have experience in automating something like this up via configuration tools, GPO, etc.?

If there is a better forum for this question, please let me know. Thanks!
    Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 17:02

Alle Antworten

• the big question is your parent company going to migrate or create a hybrid link to o365?

edit: and do you have global admin of the tennant?

• Bearbeitet The Grim Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 17:18
    Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 17:16
  • The acquisition will be eventually migrated into our environment to go fully on-prem. We have full access to their environment, and we have their IT resources available to us as well.
    Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 17:33
  • hmmmf; by the sounds of it you already flubbed pretty hard.

bite the pillow and setup hybrid now; you are going to want it when you start offboarding the mailboxes from o365.

currently; without account sync, you have no inherent control of o365 from your domain.

with that you can either keep their domain or rebrand once you've authed the parent domain.

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 18:00
  • Hi,

Why not use autodiscover service to auto-configure its profile after Outlook starts?
    It's very easy for end user to configure their Outlook client.

Or, as an administrator, we can use ZeroConfigExchange to automate the creation of an Outlook profile for Exchange Online accounts and Exchange On-Premises Environments. More information, refer to:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/outlooking/2015/10/30/zeroconfigexchange-automating-the-creation-of-an-outlook-profile-for-exchange-online-accounts-and-exchange-on-premises-environments/

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.
    Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2018 10:04
  • I was looking at the ZCE tool, but the issue I saw there was "ZCE is a registry setting that tells Outlook to create a new profile using the SMTP address from Active Directory and to then leverage Autodiscover."

In this scenario, the desktop will be a member of our parent domain. The user will log into that system using an account in the parent domain. Their AD account will have settings for their mailbox in our on-premise Exchange server, which Autodiscover will have no problem creating that profile. But I'm being asked to push out an Outlook profile that maps to the user's O365 mailbox. None of those settings for that mailbox are in our on-premise AD. Can you prepopulate an AD attribute to contain the O365 SMTP address and have the ZCE map the profile for O365 using that?

Freitag, 22. Juni 2018 18:13
  • It's fine to use Autodiscover service (using autodiscover-s.outlook.com) to configure Office 365 mailbox if there's no local AD object for it.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 25. Juni 2018 03:30
  • Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your again.
    I just want to check the current status of your question.
    Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue? 

Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Montag, 2. Juli 2018 02:13