none
problem installing windows 7 in sony vaio

Frage

• Hi,

I have a Sony SCE1513C5E. These system comes with Windows 8 preinstalled and UEFI BIOS.

I'm trying to downgrade Windows 7. I see the guide in Sony web page. I boot with Legacy BIOS and when I'm trying to install it says me that the partitions are GPT.

I don't know how could I install Windows 7 because the guide don't say anything about the GPT partitions.

Could you help me please?

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013 08:06

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• You can clean the disk before installing Windows 7.

Hit Shift+F10 at the disk choose page of the Windows 7 installation.

in the commando prompt start diskpart.

in diskpart run

List disk <-- now you will get a list with you disk, remember the disk number

Sel disk x <-- x is the number of the disk.

Clean <-- this will clean the disk and remove GPT.

Now you can close the commando prompt and should be able to install Windows 7 to the disk.

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013 09:09
  • You must also turn off UEFI Secure Boot in the system BIOS/UEFI before you attempt to install Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013 10:29
  • Thanks!

But if I do these, could I recover all the system with the DVDs recovery sistem of Vaio after it?

Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2013 10:52
  • Hi defekas,

You could read following article as a reference:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013 09:32
  • That you will have to discuss with Sony Technical support since Microsoft has nothing to do with how Sony configures their systems or Sony's system recovery method.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013 10:22
  • OMG, that wiped out my entire HDD.
    Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018 13:46
  • OMG, that wiped out my entire HDD.
    Of course!  What did you expect?
    Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018 16:13