none
ODBC link is lost, when i try to link it, the shape data doesn't record the changes

Frage

• Hello! I'm working with Visio 2016 on a Drawing and a Master stencil. the ODBC excel file is lost, so the link broke. I created a new file with the same name and structure, but everytime that i run the batabase wizard to update the database. It doesn't work. it keep asking for the missing file. I update every shape one by one, the only change i got is that some of them stop asking for the mising file, but the data from the new file is not in the Shape Data info. Any Ideas???

Thanks

T T

• Bearbeitet ttorresm Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2018 01:01
    Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2018 01:01

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

If the original Excel data file is missing or lost and you have create a new file to replace it, it is recommended to remove the original data source, then import/link new file as data source for Visio shapes instead of directly updating.

Please make a copy of the Visio drawing for backup, then remove the old data source, import the new Excel file and link data to shapes in Visio.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2018 07:32
  • Hi,

Have you tried my suggestion above? Has the issue been resolved?
    If the issue has been fixed in your side, would you mind to share the solution here to help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread? If my reply helped, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 7. Mai 2018 09:49