none
MS Project compatiblity with Windows 10

Frage

• Hi All,

I would like to know if Ms Project 2010 and Ms Project Professional 2010 compatible with Windows 10.

Please advise, tks

Regards

Hanny B

Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 07:39

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• All 2010 Office apps are compatible with Windows 10.

Sapna Shukla

Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 08:38
  • I've checked to be sure if MS Project 2010 could be installed into Windows 10, and succeeded.
    MS Project worked normal with Windows 10.
    You could rest assured.
    Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 08:49
  • Thanks Ashidacchi :)

Sapna Shukla

Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 09:36
  • If, as you state, "All 2010 Office apps are compatible with Windows 10", then why do I have a problem with Project 2010 on a new Acer Aspire All-In-One PC with Windows 10?  It seems to have installed OK, but will not open. I get a pop-up box titled Project Server Accounts with only one item "Computer" listed in the Name column and indicating "Yes" in the Default column.  I select it, then below for When starting, I click on "Use my default account" and OK; but then it just goes away and nothing happens.  I have rebooted several times, but to no avail.  I should add that I have no need for a separate server, just my PC to run the software.

Who can I talk with to walk through how to fix this?

• Bearbeitet RustyCPSr Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 03:22
    Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 03:16
  • Hi Rusty,

Obviously your 1st point of call is to check the event log, and then add/remove programs and perhaps do a repair.  I know this will be of no help to you, but I successfully run project 2007/2010/2013 and 2016 on my Windows 10 laptop.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 12:13
  • Thanks, Ben.  I can get to the Event Viewer (first time that I'm doing this), but how do I know what to do there - what am I looking for?  Within Applications and Services Logs, I do see Microsoft Office Alerts, and it indicates in the next window an Information item under Level, with an Event ID of 300.  Below that it says: "Microsoft Project Project failed to start correctly last time.  Starting Project in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program.  Some functionality may be disabled in this mode."  I tried to do this, but to no avail - it still did not open.
    Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 14:35
  • Follow-up response...

I right clicked on the desktop icon for Project to see if anything there could help, and I selected "Troubleshoot compatibility".  Sorry that I didn't see this before now.  It walked me through changing the software to Windows 7 mode, and it worked - I can now open Project successfully.  But why should I have to use a backward compatibility mode???

Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 14:48
  • Hi Rusty,

Not sure why you should need to run this in compat mode - I'm guessing you would need to dig further into the event viewer. 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 15:00
  • Final comments -

As I am now finding out, this doesn't work every time.  After changing compatibility, I can open a Project file, do work in it, then close the file and the software.  But if I try to reopen the software, it runs into the same compatibility problem again, and I have to rerun a compatibility change every time to start it up again - BUMMER!  There's something else going on here, but I don't have a clue as to how to resolve it!  :(

Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017 15:21
  • Hi Rusty

i have just experienced the same issue.  We currently have MS Project Server 2010 using MS Project Professional 2010 on the client.  One of our users recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 and has experienced the same problem you described.  We haven't gone down the path of the compatibility mode but as with you, when I try to open MS Project, and choose computer in the Account pop-up, nothing happens.

Ben - if you get this, can you advise if there is any further update on the compatibility between MS Project Pro 2010 and Windows 10?

Cheers

Peter

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 01:36
  • Hi Peter,

No other updates that I'm aware of.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 05:47