Windows 10 opencl.dll Error RRS feed

• Frage

• After past days, this week i've discovered another problem with windows...

Everyoen know that Windows 10 x64 and latest geforce forceware drivers are giving problems... in fact 355.60 WHQL release was bugged as hell and give a lot of problems, like VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD.

Today nvidia realeased a beta drivers to fix that issue...

355.78 (It provides a bug fix for an intermittent issue found in the publicly released 355.60 Game Ready driver as well as solving an issue with incorrect display timings. )

64-bit: http://developer.download.nvidia.com...ernational.exe
    32-bit: http://developer.download.nvidia.com...ernational.exe

but seems problems are related to
    Windows 10: Memory Compression
    https://tweakhound.com/2015/08/20/wi...y-compression/

well... running usual

sfc /scannow

i've picked up another bad error:

[CODE][2015-08-25 01:05:19, Info                  CSI    00003cc6 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2015-08-25 01:05:21, Info                  CSI    00003cc7 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10525.0_none_3dede48956615b25\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"opencl.dll" :
      Found: {l:32 b:5+CiBLECSxY/FmpV9IW5v3jfSj0/cmXFORtriHDEDkk=} Expected: {l:32 b:PkrjQy+kxyWXdwB7eriyCbuYldQ3K0HEnUwmBRUyHa8=}
    2015-08-25 01:05:21, Info                  CSI    00003cc8 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, Version = 10.0.10525.0, pA Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    [/CODE]

Well..running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:O:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

did NOT fixed the error since it's related to nvidia drivers.

So i digget into it and discovered opencl.dll into C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10525.0_none_3dede48956615b25 it's OLD, compared to the one found inside C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\355.78\Win10_64\International\Display.Driver\opencl64.dl_

So i've took over WinSxS file and replaced with the one found into nvidia folder.. BUT... i STILL get error into CBS.log.

What now?
    Montag, 24. August 2015 23:33

Antworten

• Hi Pz Sniper,

Considering this issue is related to the Nivida driver, we could try to reinstall the Nivida driver from the device manager.
    We could try to install several different versions to have a check.

When the driver worked well, we could refer to the following link to disable the driver update automatically.
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015 08:15

Alle Antworten

• Hi Pz Sniper,

Considering this issue is related to the Nivida driver, we could try to reinstall the Nivida driver from the device manager.
    We could try to install several different versions to have a check.

When the driver worked well, we could refer to the following link to disable the driver update automatically.
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2015 08:15
  • Your reply is NOT the answer and I'll explain why...

2 sample machines, one is a custom built workstation with a NVidia GPU and the other a Laptop also with a NVidia GPU. Installation was 3 times to ensure consistency of results.

Run a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro b10586.11 disconnected from the internet and run sfc /verifyonly. The result will be a faultless installation, which can be verified by searching for >cannot repair< in the CBS.log.

Connect your machine to the internet and let Windows Update do it what it's designed to do...update the OS with updates, definition updates and driver updates. The Windows update detection process detected the NVidia Gpu's and delivered what Microsoft and NVidia agreed to be the best fit driver for a fresh install. Reboot as requested and run sfc /verifyonly again. The result will be that violations were detected and upon checking the CBS.log file, opencl.dll versions are not matching as required.

The /scannow option will not fix this issue. Dism repair options will also not repair this issue.

Although this is a NVidia driver, Microsoft is delivering it via Microsoft Update. This means that it has been internally approved before general release to the public as a certified and supported driver, in other words, supposed to be problem free.

It is the responsibility of Microsoft to ensure a fix is delivered to correct this problem that they are currently delivering into millions of machines.

Responses like your are offensive and disruptive to every user that either wants to have fun or needs to work, but cannot afford paying big money for official premium support and resorts to these TechNet forums for a solution.

I have worked in the IT industry for more than 20 years and I have come across countless issues and situations where Microsoft has very silently admitted to wrong doing and have had to produce a fix for having overlooked a problem they caused.

Please roll-back your response and provide a adequate response without laying the blame on someone else.

Also ensure your response currently marked as a Answer is withdrawn as a Answer.

Team is a group in which members work together to achieve a common goal.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Ronny Witzgall Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016 10:59
    Dienstag, 24. November 2015 17:40
  • I solved it like this, Sir.

Since the latest windows 10 update. TH1 or somewhat, NVIDIA opencl.dll is not recognized properly by this new windows 10.

it can not find out, that the NEW opencl.dll from NVIDIA is the latest, best one to have.

sfc /scannow and DISM cant find a solution from MS servers.

So AFTER we installed the NVIDIA updated driver like 359.00 then do this.

1) run sfc /scannow.It will surely show corrupted file which can not get fixed. It is the HASH of opencl.dll.

2) we will do a DISM command like this:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

u can use the ISO from win 10 u downloaded. it MUST NOT be the ESD!!!! NO, must have the INSTALL WIM inside it.

u can:

a) mount this iso when u double click on it. just double click on the ISO.

b) mounting it and then copying the install.WIM from source. Find it inside the ISO. Copy it onto E: or whatever which path u wanna use. As u see, i used E.

let it run through this way.

run the sfc /scannow in CMD as admin again.

file fixed. (well replaced from the iso, not really fixed but u wont see any corruption when u do SFC again)

Microsoft, allow NVIDIA to use THEIR opencl.dll file. This cant be the best solution.

Thank you Sir.

the steps again:

1) Best way is copying the install.WIM from the ISO to a partition, like E:

2) DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

3) SFC /scannow

4) shows files fixed (well replaced but when u run again shows no errors)

PS: sorry for my bad english, i hate to use google translator, peace out!

• Bearbeitet Sebastian_D Freitag, 4. Dezember 2015 03:48 correction of english
    Freitag, 4. Dezember 2015 03:42
  • They need to fix this ASAP. I'm having the same problem, and so is everyone else...

Will not upgrade to a new build if this is what is going to happen.
    Montag, 14. Dezember 2015 04:08
  • Greetings. I solved the problem with opengl.dll as follows:
    1. Mount the Windows 10 image.
    2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:F:\sources\install.esd\1\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22\
    3. sfc /scannow

Good luck!
    Montag, 21. Dezember 2015 21:45
  • I have Win10 ISO burned to DVD.  It is the V1511 Build 10586 version from 11/27/2015.  It is for both Home and Pro version.  I searched the DVD and can't find install.wim file.  Can you elaborate on where it is?  Thanks!
    Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015 03:18
  • I have Win10 ISO burned to DVD.  It is the V1511 Build 10586 version from 11/27/2015.  It is for both Home and Pro version.  I searched the DVD and can't find install.wim file.  Can you elaborate on where it is?  Thanks!
    V1511 Build 10586 - install.wim for a place, there now install.esd
    Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2015 22:22
  • The problem here is, there is no way to get the WIM for me right now. The Media Creation Toolkit both USB and ISO generate an install.esd, not an install.wim.

I do not have access to microsoft VL nor MSDN nor Technet.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Doosher72 Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016 17:53
    • Nicht als Antwort vorgeschlagen Doosher72 Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016 17:54
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Doosher72 Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016 17:55
    Montag, 11. Januar 2016 21:38

• I have run into the issue that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is corrupted on install. Even a completely clean install becomes corrupted.

I also ran into the same issue you are having, but I went to Microsoft's download site for the Windows 10 iso, went into Developer mode, and made the site think I was using a phone to access it, not my computer. This way it gave me the old iso download that has the Install.wim file needed to fix the corruptions.

Also, I am using a Lenovo w541 (4th generation processor), and after many, many hours of coming up with the fix for the original corruptions, I found out that the Intel 4600 graphics card drivers corrupt Windows as well.

Not the drivers that install during the Windows install, but any subsequent upgrade after.

I've spoken to Microsoft, Intel, and Lenovo. Microsoft, and Intel both agree with my conclusion that Lenovo's bios update (2.24) a couple of months ago is most likely the cause.

Lenovo has not mentioned this issue, but has since taken down that update and reverted back to the one prior. I cannot, however, roll back. 

Lenovo's only solution for me right now is to send the system in to check it out themselves.

Hope this helps!
    Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016 17:56
  • I use an AMD graphics card and from time to time the graphics output from my Intel CPU. I have the same issue. Therefore, it seems unlikely to be just an Nvidia driver issue. Perhaps, the issue relates to the OS I would suggest it needs to be escalated as a fault.
    Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016 11:23