none
Problems with Windows Desktop search after Installation of Lync 2013 without Office Suite RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello everybody,

I am currently leadin a test of the Lync 2013 client in my company. We rolled it out to ~150 machines of heterogenous setups. However: on every machine that has only the Lync 2013 client installed a strange behaviour appears.

If You use the Desktop search (out of startmenu or Windows Explorer, for example) to find an email, the email is found correctly but displays an icon of outlook 2013. When You click on it, nothing happens. If you try to force a preview You get a "not implemented" error. Some of my users are used to access their email like this, such that I need to be sure this works before rolling the client out globally (we have ~20 000 Lync licenses atm).

I already tried to figure out if there was some registry key pointing to the wrong location (I assumed "Office15\outlook.exe") but there is none. Is there an other way to reset this configuration to Outlook 2010? Will Microsoft provide a patch? Can I resolve this via GPO?

Infrastructure is hybrid, but everybody with a Lync License is O365 user with Exchange (E1 and E3 users).

Kind regards

ecols

Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013 07:55