none
Scheduled jobs are not running DPM 2012 R2

Frage

• Hi,

Recently upgraded my dpm 2012 sp1 to 2012 R2 and upgrade went well but i got 'Connection to the DPM service has been lost.(event id:917 and other event ids in the eventlog errors ike '999,997)'. Few dpm backups are success and most of the dpm backups consistenancy checks are failed.

After investigating the log files and found two SQL server services running in the dpm 2012 r2 server those are 'sql server 2010 & sql server 2012 'service. Then i stopped sql 2010 server service and started only sql server 2012 service using (.\MICROSOFT$DPM$Acct).

Now 'dpm console issue has gone (event id:917) but new issue ocurred 'all the scheduled job are not running' but manully i can able to run all backup without any issues. i am getting below mentioned event log errors 

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        SQLAgent$MSDPM2012
    Date:          7/20/2014 4:00:01 AM
    Event ID:      208
    Task Category: Job Engine
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      
    Description:
    SQL Server Scheduled Job '7531f5a5-96a9-4f75-97fe-4008ad3c70a8' (0xD873C2CCAF984A4BB6C18484169007A6) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2014-07-20 04:00:00 - Message: The job failed.  The Job was invoked by Schedule 443 (Schedule 1).  The last step to run was step 1 (Default JobStep).

Description:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: DPMException
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: TriggerJob
    P2: 4.2.1205.0
    P3: TriggerJob.exe
    P4: 4.2.1205.0
    P5: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    P6: System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal
    P7: 33431035
    P8: 
    P9: 
    P10: 

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSDPM
    Date:          7/20/2014 4:00:01 AM
    Event ID:      976
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      
    Description:
    The description for Event ID 976 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    The following information was included with the event: 
    The DPM job failed because it could not contact the DPM engine.
    Problem Details:
    <JobTriggerFailed><__System><ID>9</ID><Seq>0</Seq><TimeCreated>7/20/2014 8:00:01 AM</TimeCreated><Source>TriggerJob.cs</Source><Line>76</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><Tags><JobSchedule /></Tags></JobTriggerFailed>

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

plz help me to resolve this error.
    jacob

Sonntag, 20. Juli 2014 08:52

Alle Antworten

• Hi, Is the SQL Agent Service running?

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Sonntag, 20. Juli 2014 16:49
  • yes, sql agent 2012 service is running using ( .\MICROSOFT$DPM$Acct).
    Montag, 21. Juli 2014 05:24
  • Hi,

i would try to reinstall DPM

• Backup DB
    • uninstall DPM
    • Install DPM same Version like before
    • restore DPM DB
    • run dpmsync.exe -sync

finished

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2014 12:08
  • Heck of a way to "fix" something.

Randall

Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2017 17:56
  • Reinstall DPM didn't work for me. Jobs not running yet.
    Sonntag, 8. April 2018 09:43
  • Heck of a way to "fix" something.

Randall

Right?

I'm getting the impression MS doesn't care.  If you want a fix, put it on Azure.  That's how I feel.

-=Chris

Montag, 9. April 2018 18:53
  • Hi ,

Did you checked that sql services are running on which account and also in DPM registry you need to make sure that you have same settings for SQL. This could have been the cause why scheduled jobs are not running.

DPM enters the SQL Agent account name into the registry, and later DPM checks that account each time the DPM engine launches. The internal interfaces to DPM are secured using this account so the account name needs to match the account the SQL Agent is using.

Follow the following article this will help you:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dpm/2014/10/08/how-to-troubleshoot-scheduled-backup-job-failures-in-dpm-2012/

====================================================================

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Als Antwort vorgeschlagen Rahul.Choudhary Donnerstag, 19. April 2018 04:00
    Samstag, 14. April 2018 07:35
  • My SQL Agent User Account is mydomain/servicesql.

This account is set at SqlAgentAccountName and SchedulerJobOwnerName on DPM Server registry.

At DCOMCNFG.exe, Edit in the Launch and Activation Permissions area i have the security group MSDPMTrustedUsers, with all permissions allowed. The account mydomain/servicesql is member of MSDPMTrustedUsers.

Until here, all user account configs looks like right. What can i verify anymore?

Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 20:32