none
Visio 2010: How can I get box callout shapes to stop snapping their pointer line to the center of a containers?

Frage

• I use visio to mockup website screen layouts. It worked well with Vision 2007. Ever since upgrading to 2010, the containers have been making my life hell. All I want to do is drag the callout line to point out a certain spot within a container but it keeps snapping to the center of the container and I cannot get it to stop. Any help would be appreciated.
    Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013 16:38

Antworten

• Hello Andy,

Are you using the callouts from the Insert tab of the ribbon?

If so, try the callout shapes instead.  If you click on More Shapes on the Shapes task pane | Visio Extras | Callouts.  They should give you the functionality you are looking for.  I'm able to glue the callout to any of the connection points in either the container or the shape.

Thanks,

Aaron

Montag, 3. Juni 2013 22:46
    Beantworter

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

This is a quick note to let you know that I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2013 03:27
  • Hello Andy,

Are you using the callouts from the Insert tab of the ribbon?

If so, try the callout shapes instead.  If you click on More Shapes on the Shapes task pane | Visio Extras | Callouts.  They should give you the functionality you are looking for.  I'm able to glue the callout to any of the connection points in either the container or the shape.

Thanks,

Aaron

Montag, 3. Juni 2013 22:46
    Beantworter
  • Aaron, your suggestion works but is there anyway to get the same behavior from the older Visio 2007 callouts? 

Am I going to have to go through all my sheets and replace every single older callout shape with the new Visio 2013+ version that doesnt exhibit this bug? Please tell me there is a workaround, I don't think I can take having to go through all that pain.

Honestly this should have been tested and sent back for fixing, this is such a basic feature that has been broken it really is extremely unfair on the users who have to suffer everytime MS makes these breaking changes.

Database modelling, nope we've removed that too. Arbitrarily. Very unhappy with Visio 2013 a real step backwards from 2007 which I didn't think was possible.

Thanks.

Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2015 13:22
  • Tom and Aaron,

I agree with Tom.  Why is it that each new release of Office products become less intuitive, less user friendly, and more confusing.  I am not holding on to the "good ol' days" and I use the latest technology in home and industry as it comes out, but MS is constantly going backwards on their human machine interface -IMO.  Every other engineer I know has the same opinion of MS office products and regularly wants to pull their hair out over diminishing functionality.  What is the deal?  Maybe it's time for Word Perfect to come back on the scene?

KWit 

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2015 18:27
  • Agreed.  Visio 2013 is a huge step backwards.   The callout box "hyper-snap" bug makes it even more miserable.   I can understand MS dumbing things down for Word, which my grandma uses, but Visio by its nature is used by people who know how to use a computer.
    Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2016 21:04
  • So I and others in our office made the mistake of upgrading to the new Visio as it was made available by our IT department.  This *one* particular issue has causes both myself and many of my colleges to uninstall and reinstall older versions of Visio.

We have hundreds of drawings that can no longer be edited or modified because of this one simple problem.  No one is going to go back over years of drawings to replace one object with a "fixed" object just to get the behavior that was always there in the past.

What we are now finding is that MSFT has made inter-program communications more difficult as a result of deprecating the Visio program, so much so that we have had serious discussions with our IT department about rolling back the entire office suite just so that we continue to be compatible.  What started out months ago as extreme annoyance by the engineering department has been rolling though to this point.  I'm only familiar with the issues with Visio but I'm aware that many other departments have other issues with the 2013 rollout version (we stuck with 2010 until last year thinking it was time overall for an upgrade. At this point we have yet to see why we rolled off of 2010 as there are no new features that were worth our current pain which included significant training to use the new MSFT interface).

Personally I had purchased a copy of Visio 2013 from the MSFT store (I'm a former employee) and have basically put it back on the shelf because I could never get past this single problem.

Dienstag, 21. März 2017 20:00
  • First, I totally agree that this is a shameful feature to enforce as default...love to know what the product development team was thinking, and what end users they go input on that asked for this.

The idea of having to go back and redo all your callouts is ludicrous at best.  The only other solution is to turn off the "Snap & Glue" feature - see this link for a description of how to do so.

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/how-to-disable-automatic-snap-and-glue-behavior-in-ms-visio-2013/ 

Mittwoch, 2. August 2017 15:51
  • This answer is inadequate.  

The callout shapes do not move with the attached object, which nearly defeats the purpose of the callout.

Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2018 16:52