none
Corrupted people-picker entry

Frage

• Hello,

I've migrated a user account from Domain A to Domain B with the built-in "Move-SPUser" Cmdlet. 

$user=get-SPUser-identity$oldusername-web$sc.Url

Move-SPUser-Identity$user-NewAlias$newusername-IgnoreSID-Confirm:$false

The migration was successfully, but the old user-object still remains in the people-picker. I can't find and remove the old user-object in the UserInformationList (GUI and with PowerShell).

I made a backup of the ContentDatabase (because it's not supported to query and modify it) and restored it with a new name. In the table "dbo.UserInfo" I can find the old user-object and the "tp_IsActive" is "1". How can I get rid of this old user-object with the supported methods?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lucian

• Bearbeitet Lucian85 Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 15:10
    Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 15:08

Alle Antworten

• Hi Lucian,

You could remove the old user from the user information list by GUI or PowerShell script.

For more detailed information, refer to the article below.

Remove users from User Information List (people picker) using PowerShell.

https://sharepointrelated.com/2012/10/11/remove-users-from-user-information-list/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 07:31
  • One possible issue is that the People Picker will actually use the browser cache. Have you tried using another browser or cleared the cache/run in private mode and see if the issue reproduces?

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Samstag, 16. Juni 2018 20:13

• Hi Lucian,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

vor 11 Stunden 59 Minuten