none
Migration SBS2003 to SBS2011 only POP Connector? RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello I am planning to migrate a SBS2003 to SBS2011 for a small company (5 persons). They actually only use POP Connector for e-mail and are happy with this solution right now.

Local domain name is:  xxxx.local, their domain (webpage, e-mail) is name:  blablabla.ch

Should I do the same for SBS2011, or use exchange as the only mail server, connected to the internet?

If I use sbs2011 with pop connector only:

- what address to use in the wizard with: Set Up Your Internet Address?
    - are there any special DNS options to set?

If I use sbs2011 with internet address: blablabla.ch?

-when I open the router (ports, forward to server), are there any security concerns to consider?
    -do I have any problems if the domain still is named to xxxx.local?
    -should I use for example mail.blablabla.ch as the name in the Internet Address Management Wizard?
    -if they do not have a static IP, do I have to configure any thing on the SBS 2011 server?

Thanks for help.

Ups, das ist jetzt dumm gelaufen? Bin hier in einem Deutschen Forum... Ist die Fraue auf Englisch OK?

Christian

• Bearbeitet SchindlerC Montag, 27. Mai 2013 13:33
    Montag, 27. Mai 2013 13:22

Antworten

• POP3-Connector ist/war/bleibt nur eine temp. Lösung während einer Migration:

[..]
    Like its predecessors, the POP3 connector in SBS 2008 is meant to be a migration solution to allow companies to transition from hosting their email at the ISP to hosting their email in-house on Exchange server. It is highly recommended to retire the POP3 Connector once your migration is complete and allow Exchange 2007 to directly host email for your domain
    [..]
    Source: http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/07/01/sbs-2008-introducing-the-pop3-connector.aspx

"when I open the router (ports, forward to server), are there any security concerns to consider?"

-> wie jeder E-Mail Server sollte eine vertrauenswürdige Sicherheitsleistung implementiert werden. Ob diese als SMTP-Gateway oder als integrierte AV-Lösung auf dem Exchange Server selbst, kommt auf die jeweilige Umgebung an.

"do I have any problems if the domain still is named to xxxx.local?"

-> Nein. Exchange SMTP != Active Directory FQDN

"should I use for example mail.blablabla.ch as the name in the Internet Address Management Wizard?"

-> Dort sollte die externe DNS-Zone des Kunden stehen - z.B. "firma.ch" - alles weitere s. http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2008/10/17/introducing-the-internet-address-management-wizard-part-3-of-3.aspx

"if they do not have a static IP, do I have to configure any thing on the SBS 2011 server?"

-> Nein, das Verwalten der dyn.IP inkl. dessen dyn. DNS-Eintrag sollte ein vorgeschalteter Router übernehmen. Lediglich ein CNAME Eintrag muss auf dem EXTERNEN DNS-Server eingetragen werden, z.B. vergleichbar mit:

remote.firma.ch    CNAME     firma_ch.dyndns.org

--

Tobias Redelberger
    StarNET Services (HomeOffice)
    Frankfurter Allee 193
    D-10365 Berlin
    Tel: +49 (30) 86 87 02 678
    Mobil: +49 (163) 84 74 421
    Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net
    Web: http://www.starnet-services.net

Montag, 27. Mai 2013 16:54

Alle Antworten