none
Automatic Replies when linking 365 to 2010

Frage

• I have recently migrated my exchange 2007 on site server over to office 365 exchange online for my company.

It's all hooked up to outlook 2010 on each of the clients computers in the office and working fine, accept for the automatic replies.

When clicking automatic replies it says "Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later".

All the settings on the account are setup to point to outlook.office365.com and all are sending and receiving mail fine. So what is the problem?

I have decommissioned the old exchange server. Maybe outlook is still trying to receive that particular part from the old exchange which is now uninstalled? If thats the case, how do i redirect it? 

Outlook Version 14.0.7015.1000 (64-bit)
    Dienstag, 26. Juni 2018 13:19

Alle Antworten

• Hi IanITmaybe,

Thanks for visiting our forum. Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client. Since your query is related to automatic replies not working after migrating to Exchange Online, I'll move your thread to the dedicated forum for Migration issues for better response:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesmigrationandcoexistence

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 03:23
  • The autoreply functionality depends on Autodiscover, so it's possible that the client is indeed hitting the internal DNS records. In general, after the move to O365, you should remove those or change them to point to the cloud.

That's just a guess though, to properly test it run the "<label for="testSelectWizard_ctl09_cloudSelectionList_radioEwsTasks">Synchronization, Notification, Availability, and Automatic Replies</label>" test from https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/. Similarly, run the "Test E-Mail autoconfiguration" locally by holding the CTRL key, right-click Outlook's icon in the tray, select Test E-Mail autoconfiguration, enter UPN and password, clear the two Guessmart checkboxes and check the results. In both cases the reply should be coming from the O365 servers, if you see any "internal" hits, you need to get rid of them.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 06:31
  • Hi lanTmaybe,

Is there any update on this thread? If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2018 09:23