none
MS Project 2016 - Highlight Not Working

Frage

• Hello,

I have MSP 2016 and none of the highlight functions work as expected. This is with both custom & built in functions.

What happens when I select from the list, is that the summary rows bolding is removed. I've also checked the following.

1.  Click on Format Menu
    2. Click on Text Styles
    3. Select 'Highlighted Tasks' from the 'Item to Change' list box
    4. The Background Color is set to Yellow

I've also set a different background color but that didn't change anything. This only happens with 1 specific mpp.

Would anyone have any thoughts on what else I could check? I've searched this Forum but have had no luck finding a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Chris

Montag, 9. Juli 2018 23:23

Antworten

• Chris,

Since it only happens with the one file there may be some corruption in the view. Try saving the file to XML and then re-open the XML in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

Hope this helps.

John

• Als Antwort markiert Chris Eckert Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 16:46
    Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 01:54

Alle Antworten

• Chris,

Since it only happens with the one file there may be some corruption in the view. Try saving the file to XML and then re-open the XML in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

Hope this helps.

John

• Als Antwort markiert Chris Eckert Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 16:46
    Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 01:54
  • Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Before I tried your suggestion, I changed the view to Tracking Gantt & the highlight function works as expected.

I never thought that a single view could get corrupted. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Regards,
    Chris

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 16:46
  • Chris,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Project file corruption can take many forms, from minor (e.g. view corruption) to major (e.g. unreadable file). I'd say you lucked out being on the minor end.

John

Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 18:27