none
Updates cached on the machine but UpdatesStrole log showing updates is removed as it has become not applicable RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi guys,

Have a weird issue.

Updates were pushed by SCCM and sitting on ccmcache, however they are not showing in Software Center.

Checked the WUAHandler.log and no error.

Checked UpdatesDeployment.log and its showing Total actionable updates = 0

Checked UpdatesStore.log and its showing Removed update state of  update XXXX as it has become Not Applicable.

Windows Updates on the Server is enabled and WSUS internal source is defined to check for updates from internal WSUS.

Run Powershell to check the missing patches that are already deployed.

Issues only happened in a specific environment with multiple servers. Software Updates are working and deployed to other Servers in different environments.

I suspect that these servers have not been updated for a long time and they had been done manually via Checking for Updates way on the server.

Appriciate any feedback.

Thanks

Mittwoch, 19. September 2018 00:59

Antworten

• finally got to the bottom of the issue and hopefully whoever stumble to this article will get the answer.

the issue was because of the Hardware Inventory not working. Perform full sccm client clean up and re-installing the client and re-run Hardware Inventory Scan fixed the problem.

• Als Antwort markiert akhey Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:47
    • Bearbeitet akhey Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:47
    Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:46

Alle Antworten

• Hi akhey,

I have seen a post describing a similar problem and hope this is helpful to you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/123ef167-a1f5-4163-a6a7-2e9ad7e71fcb/system-center-configuration-manager-updates-are-not-appearing-in-softwarecenter?forum=ConfigMgrCompliance

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Mittwoch, 19. September 2018 03:10
  • Hi Larry,

Thanks for the article that you posted and when i checked the Catalog version on the Servers, they dont have the latest version. 

The reg key on the SCCM server has the latest versions.

How do i go about telling the servers to get the latest catalog version?

Thanks

Mittwoch, 19. September 2018 04:34
  • Hi akhey,

Are there any pending reboots?

Which version of the ConfigMgr is currently running? For ConfigMgr 2012, I hope this blog is helpful:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2013/09/24/support-tip-successful-deployment-of-windows-updates-do-not-appear-in-software-center-in-configmgr-2012/
    Have you tried to run the "Software Updates Scan Cycle" action on the Configuration Manager client?
    Is there a third-party anti-virus program running on the client? As mentioned in the following post:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Azure/en-US/8fd4946a-8553-45ee-a094-48b913f3e73f/how-to-force-sccm-to-rescan-for-win10-1703-feature-update-after-it-fails?forum=ConfigMgrCompliance
    Also try to review the update KB article for known issues with the update.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 20. September 2018 08:55
  • Hi Larry,

Its version 1702.

I have tried running the Software Updates Scan Cycle and Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle as per my logs above.

We use Palo Alto Traps but they are not installed on the impacted servers and updates also installed to most of the servers with the Endpoint Protection installed.

I have tried rebuilding C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Registry.pol.

The updates are pushed from SCCM and for some reason based on the UpdatesDeployment.log those updates are not applicable. 

Thanks

Donnerstag, 20. September 2018 23:15
  • finally got to the bottom of the issue and hopefully whoever stumble to this article will get the answer.

the issue was because of the Hardware Inventory not working. Perform full sccm client clean up and re-installing the client and re-run Hardware Inventory Scan fixed the problem.

• Als Antwort markiert akhey Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:47
    • Bearbeitet akhey Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:47
    Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020 02:46