none
Exchange 2013 - Receive connectors limitation

Frage

• Hello,

I have a problem with my receive connectors on Exchange 2013. When I send more than 5 emails I have this error:

Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit

The MessageRateLimit is configured to Unlimited on the connector (FrontendTransport). I don't know why emails are blocked after 5 emails.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

T.

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2018 07:34

Alle Antworten

• Hi dominoforever,

Use the command below to check this setting on all your receive connectors:

Get-ReceiveConnector | fl name,MessageRateLimit

This issue is also related about throttling policy, use the command below to check the limit on throttling policy:

Get-ThrottlingPolicy | fl name,RecipientRateLimit,MessageRateLimit

This issue also may caused by Antispam, SMTP proxy, or firewall configuration, if they exist on your server, I suggest you have a check on them.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 03:05
  • Hello Kyle,

Thank you for your answer.

All my connectors are configured to Unlimited, except default Client Frontend and Client Proxy connector which is 5.

For the Throttling Policy it's Unlimited.

When I execute a basic PowerShell script to send an email, it works but only for 5 emails then I have the error. I don't have any antispam on Exchange server installed.

If I use the default Client Frontend connector and I increase the messageratelimit to 100 then I can send more than 5 emails...

I don't think it's a problem with the server firewall.

The only difference I see, it's the Client Proxy is HubTransport type and my connector is a FrontendTransport.

Any idea?

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 06:52
  • Hi dominoforever,

Now that you've found the problem:“If I use the default Client Frontend connector and I increase the messageratelimit to 100 then I can send more than 5 emails”

Why not increase this limit?

I think this phenomenon is caused as you said, the type of receive connector is wrong. We don't suggest modify those default receive connector. If it doesn't cause other issue, I suggest you keep it unchanged.

If you really want to change it back, this article will be useful to you to recreate default connectors: https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001314

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 02:18
  • Hi Kyle,

Yes but I don't want to use the default connector because I created a few connector for different usage.

But why FrontendTransport connector doesn't work? Any idea of this problem?

At the beginning I wanted to create HubTransport connector type like in Exchange 2007 but I cannot create multiple connectors with same settings.

I have this error:

The values that you specified for the Bindings and RemoteIPRanges parameters conflict with the settings on Receive connector "EXCH01\Default Frontend EXCH01". Receive connectors assigned to different Transport roles on a single server must listen on unique local IP address & port bindings.

I think I will create a new connector with hubtransport type with another port because I cannot use the same 25. Why it's not possible to create the same connector type with same port?

T.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 07:03
  • I don't see any big difference between the Default Connector and the others I created, only the type. So I'm surprised that it's not working normally...

Any idea?

T.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 07:30