none
M365 Business – RDP to work Windows 10 from home

Frage

• Hi all,
    I would ask you “pre-sales” question about Microsoft 365 Business and remote desktop connection to work computer from home. Customer has this scenario:
    1. Network with 8 local Windows 10 PC connected to Azure AD (thru M365 Business). 
    2. Network without local server, it will be only cloud company.
    3. Accountant PC has installed two local application.
    4. Sometimes she works from home and need connect to her work computer from home computer and work in two apps thru remote desktop.

Before they used SBS 2008 and Remote Web Workplace to connect work PC rdp. SBS 2008 is retired and will be off. Two apps are unable publish to cloud or share.

What is the best solution achieve this scenario? Remote desktop from home to work PC in M365 Business (without Team viewer or similar services).

Thank you very much for practical information.
    Peter
    Samstag, 9. Juni 2018 13:43

Alle Antworten

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for contact us.

Based on my research, the Remote Desktop is working fine if the Remote Desktop connections is enabled on source PC, and the connection is allowed through the firewall between two clients (open 3389 port for remote desktop).
    Note: add the AzureAD\user@domain.com or user@domain.com to the Remote Desktop allowed users, and use it to credential.

More information, for your reference: CONNECTING TO AN AZURE AD JOINED MACHINE WITH AN AZURE AD USER ACCOUNT OVER REMOTE DESKTOP
    Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 11. Juni 2018 03:39
  • Thank you for information, Allen.

Is this solution secure?

Work PC is in one network, home PC is in another network. Work network is without any server. Home PC is not company device and not joined to Azure AD. Which IP address (computer name) user at home need add to rdp client?

VPN connection is not needed?

What about Connect to work or school in W10? Then is possible use remote desktop to work PC?

Thank you.

Peter

PS: I need to know solution before customer purchase M365. ;-)

Montag, 11. Juni 2018 09:39
  • Hi,

Sorry for later response.

I notice that your question is more related to Azure AD, I recommend to open a new thread in Azure AD forum which is staffed by more experts specializing in this kind of problems. For your convenience:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=WindowsAzureAD

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 25. Juni 2018 06:17
  • Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your again.
    I just want to check the current status of your question.
    Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue? 

Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Montag, 2. Juli 2018 02:01