none
replisapi.log File Format or Parser

Frage

• All,

Does anyone know where I can get detailed documentation on the replisapi.log file format.  I found an article but it is old and just gives the highlights on the format.

It is easy to open and scroll through the log but when you have many people syncing you get more than one user mixed in the flow which makes it difficult to know what lines go with what user.(the TID column lists the same ID for different users so that is out???)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 21:35

Antworten

• Hi Lee_Moody,

Sounds like you are using Web Synchronization for Merge Replication.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any document for analyzing the log files. Did you have exact requirement, for example get any exceptions?

You could try to submit the request to SQL Server Feedback.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Als Antwort markiert Lee_Moody Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 11:35
    Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 07:20

Alle Antworten

• Hi Lee_Moody,

Sounds like you are using Web Synchronization for Merge Replication.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any document for analyzing the log files. Did you have exact requirement, for example get any exceptions?

You could try to submit the request to SQL Server Feedback.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Als Antwort markiert Lee_Moody Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 11:35
    Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 07:20
  • Pirlo,

Thank you!

Yes I am using SQL 2016 merge replication syncing via the web.  I have pull subscriptions(SQL 2016 Express) using RMO to synchronize. 

I was hoping Microsoft would have some detailed documentation since they wrote the replisapi.dll. I started creating a parser using SSIS(I am a DBA who cannot write C#) and so far I have been able to address many of the issues I had when just reading the log file as is.

For others that may come across this thread -
    There is a great blog about all this but my account will not let me post the link. So maybe this will work:

URL: blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/repltalk/2010/03/22/how-to-change-the-reporting-level-for-the-merge-replication-replmerg-log

To enable detailed logging on the IIS server for websync by adding the following registry keys on the IIS Server:(reboot required)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Replication\
    (note we are using only SQL 2016 Standard publishers with SQL 2016 Express clients - if you put these keys in the ...\130\Replication\  folder it will not work. It has to be in the folder above.)

WebSyncLoggingOff            DWORD 0
    WebSyncLogSeverity           DWORD 4
    WebSyncNumberOfLogFiles  DWORD 5
    WebSyncLogFileSize            DWORD 10000000

This will give you very detailed replisapi.log files.

• Bearbeitet Lee_Moody Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 11:35
    Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 11:15