none
KB4103718 persists in update queue

Frage

• Hey

I just installed a fresh Win 7 and installed all updates. But KB4103718 persists in the update queue. After installing the update it is listed in the update history as successfull but it is queued for installation again. 

I alread tried deleting "SoftwareDistribution" on the Win 7 machine. The updates are provided by a wsus.

Any ideas?

Edit: The update size displayed is also only 30kb and not 220MB as the KB4103718  setup. (Also tried to install it manually. Same result)
    • Bearbeitet zuzsz Montag, 4. Juni 2018 13:27
    Montag, 4. Juni 2018 13:19

Alle Antworten

• Hi zuzsz.

If the update has been successfully installed, you can simply ignore it, right click on it and choose the option to hide from the list of updates.
    This kind of problem could be due to corruption in the Windows Update catalog of the PC and can be resolved by executing the System Update Readiness Tool: read the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 947821 to know more about that; I'd also recommend you to contact your WSUS administrator to get some guidance about how to solve this problem.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Montag, 4. Juni 2018 18:51
  • I tried your solution but no luck

It looks more like a problem with the update itself than with "windows update". I tried to install the update manually. The setup finished "successfully", BUT the update isn't listed in the list of installed updates.

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 03:29
  • Hi,

Did other machine has the same issue in domain?

Have you tried to uninstall the update using command line? If you can uninstall the update, that means you have installed it with success, otherwise it will pop up an error.

After uninstall the update, try to install it via WSUS. 

If the problem still exists, we need logs to analyze, including

windowsupdate.log

cbs.log

log on the sever side

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693878.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If all machines have the same result, check the WSUS configuration. You can upload the logs to a network drive and share the link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 05:45