none
VolSnap Errors on Windows Server 2003 R2 RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi!

We have a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 server with a 37GB logical drive (2 drives in RAID 1) with 20 GB Free Space (Drive C:) and a over iSCSI attached NAS with 4 TB where about 600GB are used (Drive F:), connected over the Gigabit Ports of NAS, server and switch.

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 should make a backup every evening from the NAS onto the NAS (backup2disk), but couldn't (it finds no files after some time, just like in the thread here: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/volsnap)

I receive the events with the IDs 13 (The shadow copy of volume "F:" could not grow its diff area file on volume "F:".) and 35 (The shadow copies of volume "F:" were aborted because the diff area file failed to grow.) from VolSnap everytime the backup aborts.

When I manually create a shadow copy of F: over Explorer (right click on drive, shadow copy and then "create now") after a few seconds it's there.

I already tried increasing MinDiffAreaFileSize (set it to decimal 3000) but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Christian

Freitag, 4. November 2011 08:55

Antworten

Alle Antworten