none
Bitlocker turning off automatically RRS feed

• Frage

• Hello Everyone,

Does anyone familiar with the following status message:

12114 The computer requires a restart, and the client policy requires that Bitlocker be suspended prior to the restart.

Something is running on my computers which is turning off temporarily the bitlocker, i just dont know what... i was searching for the above mentioned policy among the client settings, but couldn't find any relatable.

Any help appriciated,

D

• Bearbeitet David (HU) Montag, 29. Juni 2020 13:53
    Montag, 29. Juni 2020 13:53

Antworten

• I don't remember when this was added, but on the Computer Agent page of client settings, there is an option to "Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart" that will result in this status message (and described behavior).

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Als Antwort markiert David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 14:10
    Montag, 29. Juni 2020 18:12
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Agree with Jason, if Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart is set as Always, it would bypasses the requirement to enter a PIN when the computer restarts after a software installation and suspend BitLocker. We could check the option. 

This setting only applies when Configuration Manager restarts the computer and does not suspend the requirement to enter the BitLocker PIN when the user restarts the computer. 

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Bearbeitet Amanda You Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 09:24
    • Als Antwort markiert David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 14:15
    Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 09:23

Alle Antworten

• Where exactly are you getting the above message?

What version of ConfigMgr are you running?

Montag, 29. Juni 2020 17:02
  • Hi Jason,

When i am creating a Status Message Query on a specific system which has the protection "Off" state

(\Monitoring\Overview\System Status\Status Message Queries\All Status Messages from a Specific System)

The environment is on 2002 CB.

• Bearbeitet David (HU) Montag, 29. Juni 2020 17:53
    Montag, 29. Juni 2020 17:52
  • I don't remember when this was added, but on the Computer Agent page of client settings, there is an option to "Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart" that will result in this status message (and described behavior).

• Als Antwort markiert David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 14:10
    Montag, 29. Juni 2020 18:12
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Agree with Jason, if Suspend BitLocker PIN entry on restart is set as Always, it would bypasses the requirement to enter a PIN when the computer restarts after a software installation and suspend BitLocker. We could check the option. 

This setting only applies when Configuration Manager restarts the computer and does not suspend the requirement to enter the BitLocker PIN when the user restarts the computer. 

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Bearbeitet Amanda You Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 09:24
    • Als Antwort markiert David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 14:15
    Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 09:23
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
    Amanda You

Freitag, 3. Juli 2020 06:51
  • Thank you very much for your input and apologies for the late reply.

I found this setting and its on "Always", however we do not use PIN protectors only TPM, so if I set this to never, than software installations/SCCM Agent would not suspend my encryption automatically?

Many thanks,

David

• Bearbeitet David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 14:10
    Montag, 6. Juli 2020 08:15
  • Correct and without a PIN, there's no reason that I know of to do so.

Montag, 6. Juli 2020 16:39
  • Thank You very much Jason/Amanda, wish I would be able to buy You a beer :)

• Bearbeitet David (HU) Montag, 6. Juli 2020 20:19
    Montag, 6. Juli 2020 20:17