none
Windows Enterprise 7 Repair - Can boot from USB but can't see removable disk with Windows installation

Frage

• My computer crashed and my IT department built a bespoke Window repair disk which I have copied onto a bootable USB. I can boot from the USB, but when I select Windows repair, I cannot see the Windows installation, nor does the machine recognise the removable drive. The only drive that I see is Boot (X:). I also tried loading various drivers without success. What am I missing?
    Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2018 06:31

Alle Antworten

• If you can not see the installation then it may be a corrupted one.

You need to start afresh (a fresh install). Else you may try the installation media on another system to check the problem.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018 01:30
  • Hi,

In addition, you can also refer to the following article and check if it can help you.

Windows 7/8/10 Won't Boot from USB Flash Drive! How to Fix?

https://www.iseepassword.com/windows-wont-boot-from-usb.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018 04:14