none
Office 365 ProPlus Quick and Online Repair

Frage

• Hello All.............I have few questions with respect to REPAIRS of Office 365 ProPlus:

1.  What is the difference between Quick and Online Repair of Office 365 ProPlus?

2.  When we ran any of them, what changes happen to major applications such as Outlook?  Do we get all the settings back OR we have to setup the Profile again?

Thanks in advance.

Samstag, 24. März 2018 02:25

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

1. difference between (a)Quick Repair and (b)Online Repair:
       (a) does not require internet connection. It uses files in a local computer, i.e. uses built-in repair features. 
          As a result, it takes less time. But sometimes Office cannot be fully repaired.  
       (b) require internet connection, i.e. uses many files via internet (MS servers) for repairing.
          As a result, it takes long time. And after repairing, it requires activation.
          It may be somewhat like installation of Office.

2. changes after repairing:
       About Office files, it is mentioned on the above.
      We don't have to setup profile, if you mean the Profile as personal settings in Office.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com/

• Bearbeitet Ashidacchi Samstag, 24. März 2018 05:17
    Samstag, 24. März 2018 05:16
  • Thanks for the response; appreciate it.

1.  From settings, I am referring to any settings that a user does to his outlook such as adding calendars, rooms, delegates, etc., would they come back once we reconfigure profile?

2.  Would the activation of Office count as a new activation or the count would remain the same as it is the same system?

Samstag, 24. März 2018 21:32
  • Hi,

For your questions:

Yes, they would.

The count world remain.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 26. März 2018 02:12