none
Adding Windows Server 2012 R2 as additional DC in an SBS 2003 domain RRS feed

• Frage

• Hi,

I'm trying to add a new Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard as second domain controller to an existing SBS 2003 domain.

The domain functional level is Windows Server 2003. The new 2012 R2 server's DNS points to the existing DC, name resolution is working. dcdiag didn't show any problems.

Trying to promote the 2012 server as DC (after the installation of the corresponding roles, that is) ended up in a permission denied error.

I read up on the issue, made sure the user was a member of the enterprise admins (In German: "Organisations-Admins"), domain admins and schema admins user groups. I removed the 2012 R2 server from the domain, de-installed the AD features and did everything again - the problem persists. 

One thing is that I can't adprep the SBS DC. There's just no tool for it. The adprep on the 2012 DVD says something about "wrong version". But then again, I read that server 2012 should do everything automatically.

So, what exactly might be the root of my problem? And what additional information might help to find out?

I'd be grateful for any hints.

Regards,

Mark

Samstag, 6. September 2014 23:42

Alle Antworten

• Hello Mark,

please have a look at the dcpromo.log under C:\Debug.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961809.aspx

Maybe there you can find more detailed information about the error.

Gruß
    Ben
    MCITP Windows 7

Wenn Dir meine Antwort hilft, markiere sie bitte entsprechend als Antwort! Danke! :-)

Hinweis: Meine Posts werden "wie besehen" ohne jedwede Gewähr bereitgestellt, da menschliche, technische und andere Fehler nicht ausgeschlossen werden können.

Sonntag, 7. September 2014 17:46