none
How to disable Quick Edit in SharePoint list for specific view?

Frage

• Hi Guys,

I want to know is there any option to disable Quick Edit in SharePoint list top ribbon for a specific view of the list.

I know there is an option in Advanced Settings to disable Quick Edit but problem is that this option will disable Quick Edit for all list views. 

Actually, I have one SharePoint group to whom I want to allow Quick Edit on all SharePoint list views and at the same time don't allow other users to access Quick Edit.

Please help.

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2017 12:45

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

It is possible. Refer following article:

SharePoint 2013 Disable Quick editing in Lists

Hope this helps :)

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017 06:38
  • Hi,

There is no OOB way to achieve your requirement. As a workaround, you need to create a custom solution.

You can get the group of current user and hide the quick edit button by coding.

Thanks,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017 11:18
  • Hi,

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Thanks,

Carl Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Mittwoch, 1. November 2017 07:18
  • Hi,

As you have solved this issue, please mark your reply as answer, it will benefit with others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future.

Thanks,
    Carl Zhou

Freitag, 10. November 2017 06:44
  • This link no longer works.  Is there any other resource?
    Samstag, 14. Juli 2018 04:44