none
Exchange 2010 SP3 server

Frage

• Dear All,

Please note that even though i have selected the forum as Exchange server 2013, my question is about Exchange server 2010 SP3 Rll Update 18. I had this installed & deployed in the year 2012 December & have been able to successfully manage the same with minimal issues that i have been able to resolve, until recently. 

I will give an outline of my setup. I have the exchange server built in to three physical servers. The edge server sitting on the DMZ. The CAS & HT server is the second physical server & the mailbox server is the third physical server of the exchange. I have two Active Directory Domain servers both supplementing each other. 

Recently since about approximately a month ago, i am seeing that the transport service on the HUB Transport server is stopping by itself suddenly with the error seen on event viewer which i will paste below:

The transport process failed during message processing with the following call stack: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException: Could not find any available Domain Controller.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId& rootId, ADScope scope)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericReader.GetNextResultCollection(Type controlType, DirectoryControl& responseControl)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADPagedReader`1.GetNextResultCollection()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.GetNextPage()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.<GetEnumerator>d__4.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RecipientAPI.IsInternalResolver.IsInternal(String domainStringRepresentation, OrganizationId organizationId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RecipientAPI.IsInternalResolver.IsInternal(RoutingAddress routingAddress, OrganizationId organizationId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.GetDsnConfigAndHumanReadbleWriter(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, DsnConfig& dsnConfig, DsnHumanReadableWriter& dsnHumanWriter)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.InternalGenerateDSNs(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, IEnumerable recipientList, DsnFlags dsnFlags, String remoteMta)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.GenerateDSNs(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, IEnumerable`1 recipientList, String remoteServer, CallerComponent callerComponent)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RoutedMailItem.Ack(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, Queue`1 recipientResponses, IEnumerable`1 recipientsToTrack, MessageTrackingSource messageTrackingSource, String messageTrackingSourceContext, AckDetails ackDetails, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies, Nullable`1 retryInterval, String remoteMta, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean resetTimeForOrar, Boolean& shouldEnqueue)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RemoteDelivery.RoutedMessageQueue.AckMessage(RoutedMailItem routedMailItem, Queue`1 recipientResponses, AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails ackDetails, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource messageTrackingSource, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, String remoteMta, IEnumerable`1 readyRecipients, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.NextHopConnection.AckMailItem(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails details, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource source, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, String remoteMta, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.NextHopConnection.AckMailItem(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails details, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource source, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.AckMailItem(NextHopConnection connection, AckStatus ackStatus, AckDetails ackDetails, Nullable`1 retryInterval, String sourceContext)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.DeliverMailItem(NextHopConnection connection, UInt64 sessionId, DateTime sessionStartTime, UInt64 mailCount, String mailboxServerFqdn, Boolean& wasSessionOpenedForLastRecipient)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.LocalDeliveryCallback(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Can anyone help as to what is going wrong? how do i get around this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 09:31

Alle Antworten

• Hi Ramaswamy,

Based on your description, I know that you get the error messages above in Hub transport servers after you install the Exchange 2010 RU18. 

For troubleshooting, please install the latest updates: Exchange 2010 RU19.
    Meanwhile, please check if the Hub transport/CAS servers are in the LAN.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2018 07:37
  • Dear Manu,

Okay I shall try what you have suggested. Though i tried installing the Roll update 19 but it would not allow me & exited. I will go through the logs & see if i am able to find the clue & install the same after. If it helps i shall revert back. 

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

Freitag, 16. Februar 2018 09:58
  • OK, be free to post back and let us know!

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018 02:52
  • Can you restart the AD topology services? Looks like ADT failed to communication with the DCs.
    Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2018 03:29
  • Dear Manu,

It did not help. I had the same failure again yesterday even after installing the Roll update on both the transport servers. I have not yet applied it on the mailbox server. But I do not think that it would affect? The error is as follows:

The transport process failed during message processing with the following call stack: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException: Could not find any available Domain Controller.

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId& rootId, ADScope scope)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericReader.GetNextResultCollection(Type controlType, DirectoryControl& responseControl)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.<GetEnumerator>d__4.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RecipientAPI.IsInternalResolver.IsInternal(String domainStringRepresentation, OrganizationId organizationId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RecipientAPI.IsInternalResolver.IsInternal(RoutingAddress routingAddress, OrganizationId organizationId)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.GetDsnConfigAndHumanReadbleWriter(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, DsnConfig& dsnConfig, DsnHumanReadableWriter& dsnHumanWriter)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.InternalGenerateDSNs(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, IEnumerable recipientList, DsnFlags dsnFlags, String remoteMta)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.DsnGenerator.GenerateDSNs(IReadOnlyMailItem mailItem, IEnumerable`1 recipientList, String remoteServer, CallerComponent callerComponent)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RoutedMailItem.Ack(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, Queue`1 recipientResponses, IEnumerable`1 recipientsToTrack, MessageTrackingSource messageTrackingSource, String messageTrackingSourceContext, AckDetails ackDetails, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies, Nullable`1 retryInterval, String remoteMta, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean resetTimeForOrar, Boolean& shouldEnqueue)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.RemoteDelivery.RoutedMessageQueue.AckMessage(RoutedMailItem routedMailItem, Queue`1 recipientResponses, AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails ackDetails, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource messageTrackingSource, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, String remoteMta, IEnumerable`1 readyRecipients, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.NextHopConnection.AckMailItem(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails details, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource source, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, String remoteMta, Boolean shadowed, String primaryServer, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Transport.NextHopConnection.AckMailItem(AckStatus ackStatus, SmtpResponse smtpResponse, AckDetails details, Nullable`1 retryInterval, MessageTrackingSource source, String messageTrackingSourceContext, LatencyComponent deliveryComponent, Boolean reportEndToEndLatencies)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.AckMailItem(NextHopConnection connection, AckStatus ackStatus, AckDetails ackDetails, Nullable`1 retryInterval, String sourceContext)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.DeliverMailItem(NextHopConnection connection, UInt64 sessionId, DateTime sessionStartTime, UInt64 mailCount, String mailboxServerFqdn, Boolean& wasSessionOpenedForLastRecipient)

at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxTransport.StoreDriver.StoreDriver.LocalDeliveryCallback(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

Both the domain controllers are in LAN & is connecting. It is intermittent in nature. I am not too sure as to what could be the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 09:11
  • Dear Micheal,

I have restarted the entire server as well. But it has not helped. I have now made some changes yesterday. I shall wait & see whether it helps. The ADT has quite a few other services dependant on it. But the other services are not affected. It is only the transport service.

Thanks & Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 09:16
  • Dear Manu,

It did not help. I had the same failure again yesterday even after installing the Roll update on both the transport servers. I have not yet applied it on the mailbox server. But I do not think that it would affect? The error is as follows:

Both the domain controllers are in LAN & is connecting. It is intermittent in nature. I am not too sure as to what could be the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

So the CAS/HUB severs are also in the LAN?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Donnerstag, 1. März 2018 03:11
  • Dear Manu.

Yes the CASHT is on LAN. In fact all the exchange servers & the ADs are on LAN only. The issues started about 6 to 8 months ago after the RU 18 was installed, I think. But now the exchange is on RU21. But it has not helped nor changed. The transport service shuts down stating unable to connect to the ADs which are also on LAN only. What could be the issue?

Thanks & Regards,

K. Ramaswamy

Montag, 11. Juni 2018 12:08