none
Transaction replication setup 2018 R2 to 2016 sp1 Error number: 7202

Frage

• Hi I configured Transactional replication from 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2016 R1.  Replication monitor having errors with subscribers .  Any one can help out. Many thanks

Could not find server 'SQLVS6' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure

Error messages:

<dir>

</dir>
    <dir>

Could not find server 'SQLVS6' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 7202)

Get help: http://help/7202

Could not find server 'SQLVS6' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 7202)

Get help: http://help/7202

</dir>

• Bearbeitet ashwan Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 05:35
    Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 04:31

Alle Antworten

• Hi I removed SP from article. now replication  monitor windows is looks no error. but any of the tables nothing data. Initially on Subsripber site created a black DB. then while create subscriber, I assigned. Now all tables stretures are created. But no data on it.  Any idea

Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 05:31
  • Hi ashwan,

Perhaps your snapshot agent is not completing successfully, please stop your log reader agent, then re-run the snapshot. Then run your query to ensure that you get the correct results.

Check what happens.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 09:45
  • Are you filtering on any criteria? Is there anything in the filter rows section?
    Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 13:23
  • Hi Moderator, Pirlo

Thanks for the reply. Well no filters included. and snap shot is done as image.  on subscriber site Distribution clean up: distribution all looking good. 

But no date. Could you please confirm this please. 

Before configure subscriber ,I just create a black DB same name as production. Now tables structures and  Sp  are available. But no data not sure what.  I am not sure drop Subscriber and reconfigure it again in proper procedure . When delete, subscribers will delete Agent jobs as well?

thanks 

• Bearbeitet ashwan Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018 11:55
    Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2018 05:54
  • Can you check if SQLV6 linked server exists on Publisher and Distributor? Maybe someone or something dropped that linked server?

When you creating subscription there are linked servers created on Publisher to your distributor and subscriber. as far I see from your error snapshot start being delivered (it says .sch file has been applied) and meanwhile you lost linked server to the subscriber.

I would try to recreate your subscription, check if linked servers to your subscribers been created and then run snapshot. 

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018 08:51
  • Hi

Than k you for the update.

SQLV6  related to SP. I remove it from article. But still not showing data.

What is the safely remove subscriber.  Just right click on subscriber does not allow to delete it.

Thanks

• Bearbeitet ashwan Montag, 21. Mai 2018 02:00
    Montag, 21. Mai 2018 01:59
  • Hi ashwan,

What's the full error message did you get?

See: Delete a Push Subscription

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Montag, 21. Mai 2018 02:13